X3b california

Mdhunter

FNG
Got drawn for x3b this year any body have any info on deer populations/numbers. Never hunted it expectations?I know it's no what it was

I hunted it last year. I wouldn't burn points on it, but it's a little late for that. Little late to be asking this question too to be honest. Just go and see what you see. Yes, there's deer. I was underwhelmed by both the quantity and quality of the bucks I saw.

actually going with a group of people who hunt it every 3 years with success so I think I burned my points wisely. Thanks for the info.

Thanks. I have seen the harvest reports maybe I am asking the wrong question. How was your expirence when you went. How where the deer numbers and class

Just getting an idea of the zone. The guys that I'm going with hunt a specific spot every time. Just thought there was more people that hunted it then just the group I'm going with

I've hunted it. All the stars and places I've hunted I've never seen an area so devastated by mountain lions. Use to be great hunting now just sucks. Friend of mine killed a giant last year there but it was a miracle to say the least. There are still great genetics but numbers are way down.

Sounds like one of the only animals on the rise is the lions in the x zones. Any opinion on elevation. Better high or low

High. Down low is either private, good old boy holes, or young deer. There are lots of canyons in the warners to sit and glass and try and find a mature buck. I can't tell you a specific area to focus north south because there are not any wide spread areas of deer concentrates. It is possible to find pockets of bucks. If you find a 130-150 buck there will most likely be a better buck in the area.

Back