Wyoming Type 6 Tag and PP

Yooper

WKR
I've searched the WYO F&G site and did a ton of searches online and still don't have a clear answer. Before I call WYO F&G I figured I would ask here in case someone else is in the same boat.

Drew a WY elk tag this year so we're back to zero points. Was thinking about applying for a non-resident type 6 (reduced price cow/calf) tag for a particular unit. I know type 6 tags are random draw and don't use points. My question is, if I'm successful at drawing a type 6 tag next year can I still buy a preference point? When I last spoke to WYO F&G they told me if you're successful in drawing a tag you cannot buy a PP the same year but I don't know if it applies to only tags that are drawn using points.

Thanks in advance for any help!

wapitibob

WKR
You can not buy a PP in the same year you draw a FULL PRICE license as your 1st choice, in the primary draw.

reduced price, 2nd choice, leftover draw, and 1st come will allow you to buy a point

OP
Yooper

Yooper

WKR
You can not buy a PP in the same year you draw a FULL PRICE license as your 1st choice, in the primary draw.

reduced price, 2nd choice, leftover draw, and 1st come will allow you to buy a point
Thank you, sir! That's what I thought, too. Much appreciated!