Wyoming Shed Hunting Bill Proposal

Fatcamp

WKR
Nothing new South Dakota has a resident only pheasant season and North Dakota has a resident only waterfowl season. I guess if shed hunting is that big of deal to a person they can move to Wyoming.

Don't forget the first month of archery deer.

4rcgoat

WKR
I used to go out every spring with the dog and always found a shed or 2. It's gotten so stupid crazy with all the jackoff influencers I don't even bother anymore. Still go out but I'm usually bushwacking into some fishing hole. They can have it.

LostArra

WKR
I assumed antlers are the new copper wire and catalytic converters to the tweakers

We know where this is heading:
Shed Hunt Areas, Conservation stamps, non resident Limited Entry licenses with a draw in January and of course PREFERENCE POINTS for antlers. 😃

ewade07

WKR
I used to go out every spring with the dog and always found a shed or 2. It's gotten so stupid crazy with all the jackoff influencers I don't even bother anymore. Still go out but I'm usually bushwacking into some fishing hole. They can have it.
I love when the SM moguls complain about people getting out so early and pushing animals. It’s like they don’t recognize they’re the reason why people are getting out earlier and earlier pushing animals. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

I’m not a Wyoming resident nor do I shed hunt. However, if one doesn’t like their rules then stay away. It’s pretty simple. At least the Wyoming government looks after their own residents’ interests first. One has to respect that.

Last edited:

feanor

WKR
Just need to find a new trendy hobby for all the influencers to go do. Maybe strike up the secret Fenns treasure in a new state- or country for that matter.

tdhanses

WKR
You can‘t sell game meat or body parts, make selling antlers illegal too. That will stop the problem.
I really wish the feds would do this for public lands, would reduce some of the encroachment into animals space after a hard winter. It’s been done for bear gall bladder’s why not antlers.

sneaky

"DADDY"
You can‘t sell game meat or body parts, make selling antlers illegal too. That will stop the problem.
You would need to make it illegal for people's pets to chew on bones for that to happen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wasn't aware of that, I was under the impression that it was a Federal law obviously intended to curb bear poaching.
Most of the time its actually the opposite. When you make things illegal they become more expensive. Illegal drugs are a good example of this. In Idaho a bear gall bladder is worth about $30. Nobody is poaching a bear for $30.

This bill isn’t about reducing pressure on any animal as it’s already illegal to pick up antlers in the entire western side of Wyoming until May 1st(along with a lot of wintering areas on the western side of the state that are closed to all human entry entirely). This law is about giving residents a head start to pick up those antlers. Nothing about this law “protects” animals, it’s just to give residents an advantage over non residents in Wyoming.

4rcgoat

WKR
Most of the time its actually the opposite. When you make things illegal they become more expensive. Illegal drugs are a good example of this. In Idaho a bear gall bladder is worth about $30. Nobody is poaching a bear for $30.

This bill isn’t about reducing pressure on any animal as it’s already illegal to pick up antlers in the entire western side of Wyoming until May 1st(along with a lot of wintering areas on the western side of the state that are closed to all human entry entirely). This law is about giving residents a head start to pick up those antlers. Nothing about this law “protects” animals, it’s just to give residents an advantage over non residents in Wyoming.
As a resident I totally agree. They could just make it illegal to touch any antler on the mountain for all I care. Watching full grown men go to the lengths they do for what it is......quite honestly is pathetic.