Wyoming Region Y Archery Hunt

Hi all, after scouring Google, and rokslide for some information on my specific question and turning up only small amounts of info I've decided to just ask for myself. A friend and I are looking at doing a mid September high country mule deer hunt in region y of Wyoming, he is a resident so we are also able to access wilderness area, most of the information I have found on this region seems to be from rifle hunters who are hunting the lower elevations with less public land and tons of road access, the hunt planner on Wyoming fish and game website has been helpful but I was wondering if anyone has any experience Archery hunting the higher elevations in mid September, we don't expect to be covered in giant deer but hope the area will produce at least some opportunity for a quality hunt. We are planning for a backpack hunt and are prepared for a physically difficult hunt. We have spent hours looking at maps of the area and my friend also plans to spend time scouting the area this summer. I also plan to call a biologist in the area and get what info I can from them in the next couple days. Sorry for the long winded question, I appreciate any feedback from folks who have done a similar hunt in this area

Hi all, after scouring Google, and rokslide for some information on my specific question and turning up only small amounts of info I've decided to just ask for myself. A friend and I are looking at doing a mid September high country mule deer hunt in region y of Wyoming, he is a resident so we are also able to access wilderness area, most of the information I have found on this region seems to be from rifle hunters who are hunting the lower elevations with less public land and tons of road access, the hunt planner on Wyoming fish and game website has been helpful but I was wondering if anyone has any experience Archery hunting the higher elevations in mid September, we don't expect to be covered in giant deer but hope the area will produce at least some opportunity for a quality hunt. We are planning for a backpack hunt and are prepared for a physically difficult hunt. We have spent hours looking at maps of the area and my friend also plans to spend time scouting the area this summer. I also plan to call a biologist in the area and get what info I can from them in the next couple days. Sorry for the long winded question, I appreciate any feedback from folks who have done a similar hunt in this area
Any reason y'all cant get out for an early September archery hunt? Those bucks are living in the edge of the timber in the high country up there even with velvet on, and once they shed their velvet, they can sometimes stay in the thick stuff and not be visible in the open. Elk hunters will be aplenty middle of the month, too. Just curious if you could bump it back to the opener?

OP
P
Any reason y'all cant get out for an early September archery hunt? Those bucks are living in the edge of the timber in the high country up there even with velvet on, and once they shed their velvet, they can sometimes stay in the thick stuff and not be visible in the open. Elk hunters will be aplenty middle of the month, too. Just curious if you could bump it back to the opener?
Unfortunately no, have some work staffing issues that are keeping me tied up till around the 8th or so, I'm in PA so factor an additional two days for travel