Wyoming Moose help.

I have 12 points for WY NR Moose. Anyone have a suggestion? I don't have enough to get in the top 4 units.

I have the same problem I have 13 points for wyoming moose and want to use them but am at the point where I should hold out for area 1 I hunted mule deer in area Y there last year in Sept and seen lots of moose and several big bulls which is also area 1 for moose. I looked up the stats and looks like last year they give out 3 NR tags and 1 went to 16pts and 2 to 14pts but in the last 5 years looks like if you had 12-13 points you would get a tag so I am right on the edge of having a chance?? I plan to send for area 1 this year and hope for the best my dad sent for a cow moose tag in area 1 again this year and we both sent for mule deer so I will be back out there again this year scouting for moose and hunting deer even if I don't draw a bull tag. It is also great Elk hunting there to but takes about 7 years to get the archery only tag!!

Aaron

magpie

Banned
If you're looking for a big trophy class moose you should probably hold out for the area in SE WY. If you just want to go moose hunting I would look at unit 26. Big area and a lot of moose. In 2012 you had an 85 % chance of drawing. But what it comes down to is what you want out of the hunt. A lot of Wyoming moose areas are hurting in both numbers and quality. My best advice is either sit on your points hoping for the BEST units in the state or spend your points on a hunt you can draw NOW. And just go hunting, take the family and enjoy yourself!

I'm not up on moose hunting in WY but I was talking with an outfitter that I might book an elk hunt with next year who's got video of a huge bull in unit 45 in the Bighorn Mountains. Not sure how many pts it takes to draw but if you were thinking about using an outfitter, I would use him in a heartbeat. If you're interested PM me and I can give you his info.

Im to the point I just want a tag but with that said I'm holding out for unit 1 it may not be the top unit but I liked what I saw last year and know the area better now then to go into a area blind sine I'm a DIY guy I won't hire a outfitter so I did some pre scouting last year and again this year if I don't draw I also sent for a deer tag for the same area so either way I'll be out there this fall hunting something :)
Aaron