Wyoming Goat 5.5 average

Hun10-freak

Lil-Rokslider
So my dad and I have been chasing point creep In Wyoming for a few years. I have 6 points and my dad has 5 (5.5 avg). I've been trying to figure out the best option for us to have a good hunt and see goats every day. I was looking at 2 specific units 72 + 32. If anyone's willing to share there opinion I would love a PM. Also any advice on access and camping would be appreciated. 🍻

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Probably going to see big tag reduction in a lot of areas. This winter is definitely taking its toll on the antelope and deer.

OP
Hun10-freak

Hun10-freak

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't realize Wyoming was being hit so hard by weather this year. These poor animals have been getting decimated in recent years.

wytx

WKR
Does the numbers come out in April?
Yes, wait until then to apply.
Some areas will be fine but many have real winterkill issues.
Be interesting to see how the herd is doing that winters along the highway we take to feed livestock. They have been looking good, some decent horn growth already but the latest storms may have started affecting them too. We'll find out this weekend.

Just received a mail from Wyoming fish and game where there is a disease on the western slope of the big horns hitting the antelope pretty hard, this along with the weather is taking its toll on the speedster's. Have a hunt set up for this October for antelope and mule deer but my guess is tags are going to be far and few between. Just need to wait and see what happens.

I hunted 32 in 2019, we saw lots of goats and filled our tags in a couple days. There was a big HMA that provided a lot of access in the unit. Didn't see many real big goats but had a good time. Good luck, feel free to PM.

OP
Hun10-freak

Hun10-freak

Lil-Rokslider
Well we finally decided on a unit and applied. This area wasn't hit as hard as some and the Bio was very helpful. He did say he received a ton of inquiries about the unit so he assumed there would be point creep. Thanks to everyone who PM me 👍 🍻

OP
Hun10-freak

Hun10-freak

Lil-Rokslider
Well unfortunately 5.5 average wasn't good enough. Point creep got us...

It’s a real pain in the ass. Between tag reductions, the threat of 90/10, and everyone with a microphone in front of their face screaming burn your point. It could be tough to catch up

Drew antelope on two points, private land hunt. Have had good hunting there in the past. Will see how things go the first part of October. Spoke to the rancher last night ask about the animals was told there around but not in the numbers of past years. Also pulled a deer tag on 1 point surprised me. Figured we wouldn't draw anything, you never know.

Rich M

WKR
Sorry to hear. There are a whole lot of us playing this game - more than there are animals.

Hope you can pull next year. Don't forget your pref point.