Wyoming Deer Tag Updates

KHNC

WKR
I know the antelope tag reduction list is out now. However, I could not find the one for deer. Is it available on the G&F site yet? If so, where do I find it. I did a search and looked thru the site unsuccessfully. Thx

Laramie

WKR
I know the antelope tag reduction list is out now. However, I could not find the one for deer. Is it available on the G&F site yet? If so, where do I find it. I did a search and looked thru the site unsuccessfully. Thx
They have only listed some preliminary info. This winter isn't done and the full impacts won't be known for another 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't count on any info until after the late April meetings.

Here is what has been released so far;

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
They have only listed some preliminary info. This winter isn't done and the full impacts won't be known for another 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't count on any info until after the late April meetings.

Here is what has been released so far;
THanks! Thats mostly what i was looking for. I am going after WT this time and it appears those tags arent being recommended for reduction. So maybe the area i am looking at wasnt affected to bad for them as of yet.

Laramie

WKR
THanks! Thats mostly what i was looking for. I am going after WT this time and it appears those tags arent being recommended for reduction. So maybe the area i am looking at wasnt affected to bad for them as of yet.
I don't think they had the deer recommendations completed at the time this was released. A few areas I like are being hit very hard this winter and no reductions were listed. I have been told to expect tag cuts there when the final quotas are set. The main areas being severely impacted are Southwest and South Central Wyoming.

fishslap

WKR
I believe they’re proposing to cut region A non res tags by 750. Populations are down due to ehd I believe. Not sure about this winter’s impact.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it

Where are you seeing the antelope reduction list?

Last edited:
OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
I don't think they had the deer recommendations completed at the time this was released. A few areas I like are being hit very hard this winter and no reductions were listed. I have been told to expect tag cuts there when the final quotas are set. The main areas being severely impacted are Southwest and South Central Wyoming.
Yeah thats what it looks like. They area Im thinking of applying has no reductions listed as of yet. I found that hard to believe considering what is happening out there.

Honestly I don’t think you’re going to see much of a change for whitetail tags. Most of the white tails are on private with the exception of the black hills. If that’s where you are looking, that may see some change. As for mule deer, from what I am hearing and seeing, changes are looming.

blastro87

FNG
Just received the email for the modified season proposals...I figured it was coming. I've only looked at the Deer proposals, havent read the elk, antelope etc...But looks like some tag cuts in certain areas and going to Antlered only in some places

Erict

WKR
HERE are the modified WY DEER regulations as of 04/06/23. Proposed drafts for other game HERE. The email message stated:

"As a result of winter impacts, Wyoming Game and Fish Department wildlife managers have made significant adjustments to hunting season proposals in many areas of the state. The modified set of draft regulations are now available for public viewing and will be presented to the Wyoming Game and Fish Commission on April 18 in Casper.

Initial season proposals were presented during public meetings around the state in March. After considering the ongoing impacts of winter and the overwhelming public concern, wildlife managers modified their recommendations in areas with extreme winter mortality.

Modifications are highlighted in yellow in the draft regulations below."

HERE are the modified WY DEER regulations as of 04/06/23. Proposed drafts for other game HERE. The email message stated:

"As a result of winter impacts, Wyoming Game and Fish Department wildlife managers have made significant adjustments to hunting season proposals in many areas of the state. The modified set of draft regulations are now available for public viewing and will be presented to the Wyoming Game and Fish Commission on April 18 in Casper.

Initial season proposals were presented during public meetings around the state in March. After considering the ongoing impacts of winter and the overwhelming public concern, wildlife managers modified their recommendations in areas with extreme winter mortality.

Modifications are highlighted in yellow in the draft regulations below."
I read the email yesterday. I’m not seeing the final non resident tag numbers for general a tags. Anyone know where that landed?