Wyoming Commission Meeting

LostArra

WKR
Any news or updates out of Riverton especially regarding elk seasons and tag allocation changes?
I imagine the first day was consumed by the wolf in a bar fiasco.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I heard they had to reschedule the meeting because the paper and coffee was from out of state. And it was overheard "we don't want no non-residents up in here" and another commissioner was overheard with a second "yeah, not up in here".

OP
L

LostArra

WKR
Day 1 youtube is posted, very few changes.
Interesting discussion though about shortening archery season in areas where rifle season was shortened and some discussion on "choose your weapon" with the increasing popularity of archery hunting. The comments made it sound like bowhunters were knocking down large numbers in the unit discussed but it was still 700+ rifle vs 100 bow.

wapitibob

WKR
Interesting discussion though about shortening archery season in areas where rifle season was shortened and some discussion on "choose your weapon" with the increasing popularity of archery hunting. The comments made it sound like bowhunters were knocking down large numbers in the unit discussed but it was still 700+ rifle vs 100 bow.

yea, 30% success got my ears to perk up

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Predator and Crop damage was quite interesting

Last edited:
OP
L

LostArra

WKR
I was surprised none of them brought up the lack of nr sheep tag, or I missed it.
It sounds like the Super Tag draw would be the only non resident strategy for anyone less than max points or very close.

observation: these commissioners are treated like royalty and anyone commenting acts like they are commoners before Julius Caesar.

wytx

WKR
It sounds like the Super Tag draw would be the only non resident strategy for anyone less than max points or very close.

observation: these commissioners are treated like royalty and anyone commenting acts like they are commoners before Julius Caesar.
Well they hold our hunting in their hands so why bite the hand that feeds you?
I know one of them and he is a great guy, what not show some respect.

OP
L

LostArra

WKR
Well they hold our hunting in their hands so why bite the hand that feeds you?
I know one of them and he is a great guy, what not show some respect.
Sure, I agree. They all seemed like really good folks although only a couple ever spoke. They have a lot to digest at that meeting but I'm sure they have the info ahead of time that's presented by GF.

I was just noticing the respect drifted towards reverence in the formality of the speakers. I was waiting on some genuflecting and ring kissing. Exception was Sy. He was "dancing on the table" over the Type 8 elk tags. :)

Rich M

WKR
Sure, I agree. They all seemed like really good folks although only a couple ever spoke. They have a lot to digest at that meeting but I'm sure they have the info ahead of time that's presented by GF.

I was just noticing the respect drifted towards reverence in the formality of the speakers. I was waiting on some genuflecting and ring kissing. Exception was Sy. He was "dancing on the table" over the Type 8 elk tags. :)
They should get the data before the meeting so they can read it and come prepared. Not saying they do, but if the information isn't available beforehand they are doing a disservice to all involved.

The Commissioners get a "Commissioner's Notebook" prior to the meetings that contains the majority of the material that will be on the meeting agenda. You can see these notebooks on the WGFD website.

ClearCreek