Wyoming Antelope Hunt

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday I loaded the SxS in my trailer and finished up load development with the 142 grain Nosler LR Accubond. Well, I settled on a load for now. They are running about 3100 fps out of my 26" barrel with about 1 moa accuracy. I'll be bringing a target with me to double check my dope at distance before the hunt.

20220903_181132.jpg

Mojave

WKR
Booner from the unit yesterday.

Saw a couple ok bucks scouting but there is very little water anywhere. Worst drought I’ve ever seen in central Wyoming.

Hopefully it kills off a ton of feral horses.

Attachments

• CE7FAACD-613C-457D-AE6C-491457F7F62B.jpeg
    CE7FAACD-613C-457D-AE6C-491457F7F62B.jpeg
    478.7 KB · Views: 153
OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
15 more days for me.... I'm getting the itch.
Good luck out there!

I got the bearings greased on the cargo trailer this afternoon and also had the RV repair guy out to look at my AC unit. He's going to try to get it replaced for me before we leave Friday if he can get one in time. Sucks since the camper is only four years old.

FB_IMG_1650388395228.jpg

Ammo is loaded. Rifles are dialed in. It's almost go time!

20220911_152951.jpg

Wags

WKR
Good luck out there!

I got the bearings greased on the cargo trailer this afternoon and also had the RV repair guy out to look at my AC unit. He's going to try to get it replaced for me before we leave Friday if he can get one in time. Sucks since the camper is only four years old.

View attachment 451456

Ammo is loaded. Rifles are dialed in. It's almost go time!

View attachment 451457

Beautiful set up you've got. Good luck out there, I hope you have a safe and productive hunt.

I'm looking forward to ours. We've got a few deer tags, antelope tags and cow elk tags to fill. It's going to be a great trip.

Good luck and safe hunting to all who are heading out, Hope to join everyone in 2023 this is our off year as we go every other year. The hunt is lined up all we gotta do is draw tags.

Mojave

WKR
That went great killed a 13 inch buck. Dad and uncle 83 and 70 Got to go with me was a good time saw a few grouse. Wasn’t worh 9 points with the drought. But it was worth it to hunt with family. Very few antelope only saw 5 adult bucks. And about 20 does. Rough year.
Maybe if I would’ve stayed and haunted the entire week I could’ve done a little better but I killed the biggest buck we saw was a rough year there’s just no water.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
That went great killed a 13 inch buck. Dad and uncle 83 and 70 Got to go with me was a good time saw a few grouse. Wasn’t worh 9 points with the drought. But it was worth it to hunt with family. Very few antelope only saw 5 adult bucks. And about 20 does. Rough year.
Maybe if I would’ve stayed and haunted the entire week I could’ve done a little better but I killed the biggest buck we saw was a rough year there’s just no water.
Let's see that buck!

Now you are just showing off:)
What is the scale that you are using? I have reloaded a lot, mostly for hunting but debating about getting into some long range shooting.

We will be around the Riverton area. Son and Dad both have tags so it should be a good time. Son is really excited.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
WOW. I thought I was OCD. lol

Awesome room!

I definitely try to be organized as much as I can. Thank you, I really enjoy reloading in it.

Now you are just showing off:)
What is the scale that you are using? I have reloaded a lot, mostly for hunting but debating about getting into some long range shooting.

We will be around the Riverton area. Son and Dad both have tags so it should be a good time. Son is really excited.

Ha! I'm using the Autotrickler V3. I would like to upgrade to the V4 at some point, but the V3 is still a great setup.