Wyoming Antelope Hunt

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
With less than two weeks until I leave for my antelope hunt, I'm getting excited! My daughter is going with me on this one so we should have a great time. We are planning to hit the road on Friday, the 16th, and get there with a couple of days to scout prior to opening day on the 20th. I'll keep this thread updated throughout the hunt as long as I have service.

This hunt is going to be an excellent opportunity to test a few different things. I'm planning to use the Nosler 142 grain LR Accubonds (assuming I get a load dialed in time). I'll also be using the Revic spotting scope that I have been reviewing since spring. I actually should have that review published soon. A few other pieces of gear as well that I'll mention in the coming days.

IMG_20220904_181528_911.jpg

Good luck!
We've been on a few and always had a blast, I'm saving points now to hopefully get something better than average. In the meantime I'll hunt vicariously through your thread.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I may be crazy but I'm planning to use my comp rifle for this hunt since I enjoy shooting it so much.

20220828_074404.jpg

One of the best things about the XLR chassis is that it can be configured for comps or hunting by simply adding or removing weights.

Fitzwho

WKR
I'll be in South Central-ish Wyoming for the 9/20 opener as well. Luckily I had to drive up to Wyoming for work a couple weeks ago, so I got to swing through and do a little inventory on my unit. Good luck and happy hunting.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be in South Central-ish Wyoming for the 9/20 opener as well. Luckily I had to drive up to Wyoming for work a couple weeks ago, so I got to swing through and do a little inventory on my unit. Good luck and happy hunting.
Good luck to you as well

Not going again until 2023, Hopefully if we raw tags, for those of you who have been out and about hows the heards looking in the areas you hunt.

Mojave

WKR
I am driving up tomorrow. I get to use the DAV 5 day extension ( you have to apply for it, don't just show up they will ticket you). So I will be hunting on Monday.

Also hunting with my 13 pound sniper rifle like a dumb ass.

Mojave

WKR
Looking for a 13 plus long goat with tons of mass. Goal is to find one with 7 inches of measureable prong.

I am going to camp around and take photos of every goat I see until I nail one. Take a good inventory. Will be nice to be out there by myself for a week.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I picked up this cool little clip for my Inreach. It will attach to vertical or horizontal straps on your pack or bino harness.

20220908_145911.jpg

20220908_145926.jpg

20220908_150431.jpg

okay, I just wasn’t sure. I got drawn for area 22 so was just looking into that one, wasn’t sure how the rest of Wyoming worked with opening days