WY pref point question

Gman

WKR
I was going to put my WY antelope app in online this weekend and want to clarify something. As far as I can tell WY does not let you choose a preference point as your first choice in order to build points and then list a second choice like CO. Am I reading that correctly?

From what I gather I need to apply for a highly sought after blue chip unit with hopes I wont draw and then put the unit I know I can draw as second choice as second choice.

Can someone confirm I'm interpreting/understanding this right ? Thanks!

FURMAN

WKR
If you are wanting to hunt and get a point in the same year you have the correct idea. Put in for a unit with very long odds for the first choice and then a unit you can draw on second choice. Make sure you mark that you want a point. In WY points are not automatic. You must check it on your app in order to get them.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Correct. If you don't care if you hunt this year, do not plan on hunting you can just by the point after July1 also. But I'm sure you already know this.

OP
Gman

Gman

WKR
For me, I just picked one near the CO border that had long odds according to Eastmans. I think the area I want to hunt mostly has leftovers so but I wasn't 100% sure. Next year if that pattern continues I'll just put in for a point straight up and hunt the leftover unit until I feel like burning points.