WTB Lightweight Cot

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey looking for a lightweight cot let me know if you have you you'd like to part with or maybe some advice on your experiences with them and or what to look into, Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel_M

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't help with a sale but I have both the Luxury-Lite and Helinox cots. Neither are exactly cheap, but lightweight and comfortable.

Bughalli

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to sleeping comfort, I wouldn't let price limit your choices. Buy what's most comfortable for a good nights sleep. Lack of a good nights sleep impacts my energy, mood and recovery too much.

I like the Roll-a-cots. Very comfortable, stable, light weight, quiet, etc. The real difference is that it doesn't have a cross bar at the feet or head. This means it's very flat and I can sleep on my stomach if I wanted. I've slept on other cots where you feel like you're sleeping in a hole because the bars at the head and foot ends cause the cot fabric to slope up in those areas. I wake up with a stiff back. I added a thermarest to mine and it's as comfortable as home. FYI cots are colder than sleeping on the ground. You'll want some insulation under you to retain heat in cold temps

Here is the site. REI carries them and you can apply one of the 20% off coupons to it.
Roll-a-Cot(R) – CampTime.com

Daniel_M

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Roll-A-Cot is solid for sure, if weight isn't an issue. Unlike the 2 above I mentioned, the roll a cot can handle for sitting posture. Not so much with the LuxuryLite or Helinox.

dotman

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Helinox, it is super easy and quick to assemble. I can sit on mine but really don't see why you would it is so close to the ground. I think the Helinox has a leg up on the thermarest purely from assembly if both are equally comfortable.

dotman

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Roll-A-Cot is solid for sure, if weight isn't an issue. Unlike the 2 above I mentioned, the roll a cot can handle for sitting posture. Not so much with the LuxuryLite or Helinox.

Yeah big diff from a 2lb cot to a 10lb cot.