Wrangler atg synthetic pants

Does anyone have experience running these pants for mountain hunting? How's their durability, are they much diffrent then the kuiu attack pants? I like that that the wranglers come in insulated models as well and just looking for general opinions on durability now that they been out for awhile

Bump79

WKR
They are very durable. Myself and friends have run them for quite a while in the mountains, construction sites and just around. Two way stretch, they fit well and are generally a great pant. Best part is the cost.

Zdub02

WKR
I use them hunting and hiking in hill country. Busted briar patches with them and while they will pull and pill they haven't shredded yet. I would imagine they would hold up well in the mountains. As stated, if you shred them you can replace for a fraction of the cost of kuiu. They dry quick when wet and are very comfortable to hike in

WoodBow

WKR
This forum has extensive experience with these pants and they have a great reputation. Very comfortable. Plenty durable. Breathe well. They aren't as "nice" as my kuiu, sitka, FL, etc pants. But they are plenty nice for the price.

montei

FNG
I love them for everything. I wear them for work in hvac and just generally around town as well as for hunting. Plus with the price I have multiple pairs that I rotate through. Durability has be great.

Loper

WKR
I have a couple pairs that I’ve worn on hunts in the mountains over the last 3 or 4 years. I think they are great for all the reasons mentioned above. One of my hunting buddy wears them too and loves them. However, I have two other friends that wear the Kuiu pants when hunting in the mountains and they prefer the Kuiu pants and love them mostly for the zippered vents.

jodafo

FNG
Thanks for asking this question. These are exactly what I've been looking for. My last pair of FL pants started didn't feel like they were worth the price.

Geewhiz

WKR
For that price I might try adding them myself.. unless there's a better low budget option that has them already.
For me the gold standard is kuiu attacks. There are a few pants that I have become aware of (wrangler atg, prana zions, eddie bauer pro guide) that are designed to be active hiking pants at a much more affordable price, but I don't understand why a company that makes "outdoor active outerwear" would not put vents in them like the "hunting" branded clothing.

This is a question I've had but never asked. There are 12 or so models of the ATG on the Wrangler website. Which one exactly do people like?? They're so different.

1. ATG Reinforced Utility (+Camo Version) - Straight Fit, Mid Rise, Straight Leg, Fabric: 98% cotton, 2% spandex. Weight 8.9oz
2. ATG Synthetic Utility - Regular Fit, Mid Rise, Straight Leg, Fabric: 96% nylon, 4% spandex. Weight 5.3oz
3. ATG Range Cargo - Mid Rise, Straight Leg, Fabric: 72% cotton, 25% nylon, 3% spandex. Weight 4.93oz
4. ATG FWDS Five Pocket - Straight Fit, Mid Rise, Straight Leg, Fabric: 50% recycled polyester, 50% polyester. Weight: 6.6oz
5. ATG FWDS Chino - Straight Fit, Mid Rise, Bootcut Leg, Fabric: 50% recycled polyester, 50% polyester. Weight: 6.6oz
6. ATG Convertible Trail Jogger - Slim Fit, Mid Rise, Slim Leg, Fabric: 96% nylon, 4% spandex. Weight not listed
7. ATG Hunter Fleece Lined Utility - Mid Rise, Straight Leg, Fabric: 96% nylon, 4% spandex, lining 100% polyester fleece. Weight 5.7oz
8. ATG Trail - Regular Fit, Mid Rise, Straight Leg, Fabric: 97% Nylon, 3% spandex. Weight: 5.9oz
9. ATG Five Pocket - Regular Fit, Mid Rise, Tapered Leg, Fabric: 98% cotton, 2% spandex. Weight not listed.
10. ATG Fleece Lined - Regular Fit, Mid Rise, Straight Leg, Fabric: 96% nylon, 4% spandex, lining 100% polyester fleece. Weight not listed
11. ATG Hunter Upland (+Camo Version) - Relaxed Fit, High Rise, Bootcut Leg, Fabric: 88% Cotton, 11% Polyester, 1% Spandex, 12.5 Oz. Denim; Overlay: 100% Nylon. Weight not listed
12. ATG Angler Utility - Regular Fit, Mid Rise, Regular Leg, Fabric: 96% nylon, 4% spandex. Weight 5.7oz

Geewhiz

WKR
This is a question I've had but never asked. There are 12 or so models of the ATG on the Wrangler website. Which one exactly do people like?? They're so different.

1. ATG Reinforced Utility (+Camo Version) - Straight Fit, Mid Rise, Straight Leg, Fabric: 98% cotton, 2% spandex. Weight 8.9oz
2. ATG Synthetic Utility - Regular Fit, Mid Rise, Straight Leg, Fabric: 96% nylon, 4% spandex. Weight 5.3oz
3. ATG Range Cargo - Mid Rise, Straight Leg, Fabric: 72% cotton, 25% nylon, 3% spandex. Weight 4.93oz
4. ATG FWDS Five Pocket - Straight Fit, Mid Rise, Straight Leg, Fabric: 50% recycled polyester, 50% polyester. Weight: 6.6oz
5. ATG FWDS Chino - Straight Fit, Mid Rise, Bootcut Leg, Fabric: 50% recycled polyester, 50% polyester. Weight: 6.6oz
6. ATG Convertible Trail Jogger - Slim Fit, Mid Rise, Slim Leg, Fabric: 96% nylon, 4% spandex. Weight not listed
7. ATG Hunter Fleece Lined Utility - Mid Rise, Straight Leg, Fabric: 96% nylon, 4% spandex, lining 100% polyester fleece. Weight 5.7oz
8. ATG Trail - Regular Fit, Mid Rise, Straight Leg, Fabric: 97% Nylon, 3% spandex. Weight: 5.9oz
9. ATG Five Pocket - Regular Fit, Mid Rise, Tapered Leg, Fabric: 98% cotton, 2% spandex. Weight not listed.
10. ATG Fleece Lined - Regular Fit, Mid Rise, Straight Leg, Fabric: 96% nylon, 4% spandex, lining 100% polyester fleece. Weight not listed
11. ATG Hunter Upland (+Camo Version) - Relaxed Fit, High Rise, Bootcut Leg, Fabric: 88% Cotton, 11% Polyester, 1% Spandex, 12.5 Oz. Denim; Overlay: 100% Nylon. Weight not listed
12. ATG Angler Utility - Regular Fit, Mid Rise, Regular Leg, Fabric: 96% nylon, 4% spandex. Weight 5.7oz

I’ll try to take a pic of the tag on mine when I get home.

Edit. These are the ones I like.

Attachments

• IMG_1816.jpeg
    IMG_1816.jpeg
    417.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Reactions: BLJ
Actually helps to have it written out in one place now that I look at it again. Have to imagine it's one of the nylon or polyester models, probably 2. Synthetic Utility or 8.Trail

ra3043

FNG
Great pants! Have worked in them and hunted with them. They dont stop our prairie cactus from going into your knees while crawling but they have held up great and Im still using my original pair a few years later! Hard to beat for the price!

The synthetic utility is what I like and wear the most.

I always got the stretch outdoor wrangler ones from Walmart. I thought they were these :

But actually think the ones I have were discontinued maybe?
These ones bc I have a pair of the camo ones

I don't know if that current version( first one linked )is water repellent.

Last edited:

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
The wife had a bunch of Kohls cash so I just ordered the synthetic utility version. Very curious to see. The first version the Zions were awesome but they don't do well in brush and briars. So far my corrugate foundrys (with kneepads removed) have been my favorite pant.

Mountain_Life

Lil-Rokslider
Note: the wrangler synthetic utility from Amazon and Walmart are different. They are very similar, but on the Walmart version the pockets tend to blow out and they pill quicker.

The side zipper is also opposite on them. The Amazon version closes to the back.

Sammymusi

WKR
It’s all I wear on a daily basis , went on 2 trips out west for 15 days each and I wore them every time I left the tent. They are awesome pants , I usually wear during the archery season here in pa as well while saddle hunting / leaning against trees without knee pads. Highly recommend these pants for the price