Would you buy this scope?

All:

It’s a serious question from Ryan. This is not just a feeler post. No presale or other nonsense.

If a 3-12x40’ish mil/mil scope was offered that was consistently reliable and durable, was tested heavily, had multiple reticles that were truly usable/visible from 3-12x, a good/great eyebox and DOF, low profile zero stop elevation and capped windage; and was under $1,500- would you buy it?
Yes master!

The Guide

WKR
I'm in for a couple depending on price point. At $1k I'm in for 2 to start and more in 6 months if they work out. At $1250 in in for 2 in the first year. At $1500 it will be one and maybe more in a year or 2.

I like what is suggested but would like it more @ 15x for the top end.

Jay

I’d buy this in a heartbeat, half of a heartbeat if price is closer to $1000. Adjustable parallax would be nice as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atmat

WKR
At $1k, I’d buy 3 right away.

At $1.5k, I’d buy 2 right away.

How soon could these theoretically land? Are we thinking in time for next season?

I was 30 yards from multiple cow moose the last week and got sight pictures on them in thick woods. Why does the scope need 3 power on the low end with a FFP reticle? The maven is perfectly useable and actually has better usability from 6-8 power for even a “charging brown bear”. Ask me how I know.

If the stadia is thicker then it could work on 3-4 power I suppose. Variable power scopes honestly cause more issues in most real hunting scenarios than they aid, generally speaking of course.

It sounds like you guys have already defined all the requirements and are looking to simply gauge potential interest is all, so I’ll shut up now.

If a scope existed as in the first post I would buy one and then likely slowly phase out my Mavens.

If the same scope was made in fixed 8x44 I would buy 10-12 scopes off the bat.

There are others like you but I’m positive you’re greatly outnumbered by those of us who’s prefer to have 3x on the low end and 12x on the high end.

4x on my 3-9 SS would be better if it was 3x with a full fov and thicker reticle for my MN deer hunting.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
There are others like you but I’m positive you’re greatly outnumbered by those of us who’s prefer to have 3x on the low end and 12x on the high end.

4x on my 3-9 SS would be better if it was 3x with a full fov and thicker reticle for my MN deer hunting.
You’re probably spot on in that assessment.

Last two years my wife and I have both used SWFA fixed 6 on MN whitetails. From 30 yards in the woods and swamps to over 500 yards in the farm fields, it’s just the right magnification and no fussing with “zoom” on cracked out deer that spook at literally everything.