Woods Be Super Packed This Year

The difference this year is that the tags all went to individual non residents. Last year it was after Aug 1 when you could buy a 2nd tag if my memory is correct. Not sure how many guys buy 2nd tags, but yes there will be more people. The real question is how many come back after they eat tag soup.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The difference this year is that the tags all went to individual non residents. Last year it was after Aug 1 when you could buy a 2nd tag if my memory is correct. Not sure how many guys buy 2nd tags, but yes there will be more people. The real question is how many come back after they eat tag soup.
Not as much of a difference that you may think. There's usually a couple thousand tops that buy 2nd tags as residents. It's not like there's going to be an extra 20k NR running around the woods. Far more likely to be an extra 2k new Boise residents running around in 39. Besides, a chunk of those tags for NR went to the wilderness areas. They'll not be back

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Oh they’ll be busier. Now that Idaho is sold out everyone will head to Colorado. Wear your masks, it might be hard to keep 6 feet from other hunters!
It's all part of Oregon's plan. Have Idaho sell out, people buy Oregon tags, then they can say "look, there's too many hunters" then reduce tags. The dominoes are starting to fall lol

Not as much of a difference that you may think. There's usually a couple thousand tops that buy 2nd tags as residents. It's not like there's going to be an extra 20k NR running around the woods. Far more likely to be an extra 2k new Boise residents running around in 39. Besides, a chunk of those tags for NR went to the wilderness areas. They'll not be back

I'm also including non residents that buy 2nd tags. Not as prevalent as residents, but I know a few Washington hunters that do it. Some of the places that sold out have me scratching my head... Why not just camp and hike without a license, you will see just as much!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, they would be happier just hiking without having spent $600 on a license and tag lol

OP
Researcher
I mostly posted to point out if non residents were buying tags this early I expect a lot of residents out in the woods. I looked at 39 and in 2007 there were like 3000 hunters there, then in 2008 (economic recession we are all gonna die) 4300 hunters out there, then 2009 down to 3300ish. Good luck to anyone who braves 39 this year.

Mesplay

FNG
Yeah, I'm interested to see what it's like this year. Might be real interesting.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The campers are thicker than flies on shit right now.

Hopefully they burn out and go home by September.

ChrisAU

WKR
Tags reduced by 32% year over year where I'll be in October, and I didn't think it was crowded last year :cool:

sneaky

"DADDY"
I don't blame it all on those from Washington. Tag sales were waaaaay ahead of pace already this year. What was different? Stimulus checks. Last year before price change.

UtahJimmy

WKR
I wonder if there is a movement from the anti crowd to buy up tags so that less animals get killed? Works for a little until the surveys show that the success rates are dropping then they issue more tags, but just a thought for capped OTC tags...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
I wonder if there is a movement from the anti crowd to buy up tags so that less animals get killed? Works for a little until the surveys show that the success rates are dropping then they issue more tags, but just a thought for capped OTC tags...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Happens in California. Last duck season my local Sportsman's Warehouse sold out or their allotment of duck stamps. The girl told me that a couple of guys came in and bought whatever they had left. Surely they weren't hunters or stamp collectors.