Wolves relisted-Wyoming

As luck would have it the environmentalists have succeeded, for now, to relist the wolves to the endangered species list. Sadly this has suspended all hunting this year. Our great governor has said he will do an emergency injunction to turn the decision by a Washington judge around. I know many of us hunters have seen the damage of these animals on our populations. When managed correctly we can have a balance of these animals and our big game. I just wanted everyone to be aware of another win by the tree people. We as hunters do need to unite. This is only the beginning. I hope I will never see the fight in court for our hunting rights but sadly I am afraid that day is soon coming.

I'm with Quack. I'll never understand the mind if an anti.

I hate motorcycles. I hate everything about them. Yet I have plenty of places to go already to avoid them. When I do see them folks seem to be enjoying themselves and often times it's whole families out enjoying themselves. I'd never spend a single ounce of energy trying to ban others from an activity I choose not to partake in. If I did I'd hope someone put a bullet in my head.

wapitibob

WKR
MT and ID don't have this trouble, what a surprise.
Another wave of BGF emails asking for donations coming soon........

Last edited:
OP
WyoBowhunter21
I agree. I am not sure where or what they are thinking about. I am thinking about putting a petition to ban being environmentalist because I don't think they should do what they like to do.

MT and ID don't have this trouble, what a surprise.
Another wave of emails asking for donations coming soon........

Correct, Ryan Benson is firing up the email tree asking for money as we speak.

The reality is, this is no big deal and folks shouldn't be getting their panties all bunched up. If you read the court ruling, there are some very good positives in there such as 1) it was found reasonable for the WY to classify them as predators in certain parts of the state, 2) wolves were not found to be sufficiently endangered as to need protection and 3) there was sufficient genetic interchange between the NRM and GYA wolves.

The sky is not falling and elk are not on the verge of extinction.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Well, damnit, that's it! I'll just have to shoot more in Idaho to make up the difference...................

Randy

Correct, Ryan Benson is firing up the email tree asking for money as we speak.

The reality is, this is no big deal and folks shouldn't be getting their panties all bunched up. If you read the court ruling, there are some very good positives in there such as 1) it was found reasonable for the WY to classify them as predators in certain parts of the state, 2) wolves were not found to be sufficiently endangered as to need protection and 3) there was sufficient genetic interchange between the NRM and GYA wolves.

The sky is not falling and elk are not on the verge of extinction.

This ^^. Read the ruling. It's not that big of a deal, and honestly the ruling against the genetic interchange BS is a huge blow to the people who filed the lawsuit. I feel that a lot of time, money, and resources was spent on this lawsuit, with very little gain. Slowly the anti-hunting groups are losing every single argument that they have.

I believe WY's governor has already started the process of fixing the wolf management plan to comply with the court's ruling. I would even venture to say that WY will still have a wolf hunt in 2014.

Also, on a side note, it's really easy to see how these groups get so many donations when the act like this:

http://howlingforjustice.wordpress.com/

"Victory" ? I don't see this as a victory, just a set back. However, in order to keep the donations pouring in, they have to show some progress right? Maybe I am to much of an optimist, but people are beginning to see these groups/organizations for what they really are. I think their world is going to come crashing down on them in the not to distant future.

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
"Victory" ? I don't see this as a victory, just a set back. However, in order to keep the donations pouring in, they have to show some progress right?.

No it shows how stupid they really are. If you won why do you need more money? The way to get more is to claim you lost because of the evil hunters were better funded.

This is good new out east too. We have been waiting for the genetic argument to come up with the eastern timber wolf.