Wolves in ID

We have to check every 24 . But its a lot easier to access here . Can they snare in Idaho ? We cant here.

dla

WKR
Elk that stay in the flats get munched. Elk that stay in the steep survive.

Yes, if you hear howling at night, or barking during the day, you should move elsewhere. Bulls learn to be quiet.

The thing I hope to hear my first night in camp are coyotes howling, well or elk bugeling. Typically if you hear coyotes you will not have wolves. The wolves will quickly drive coyotes out of an area. I have seen several wolves, one up VERY close, but am yet to hear them howling at night, so for me a quite night is the worst situation.

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
We hunted hard for a couple days without any elk sightings, and then found tracks on top of our tracks on the morning of day 3 when returning to the truck.
18807-L.jpg

The thing I hope to hear my first night in camp are coyotes howling, well or elk bugeling. Typically if you hear coyotes you will not have wolves. The wolves will quickly drive coyotes out of an area. I have seen several wolves, one up VERY close, but am yet to hear them howling at night, so for me a quite night is the worst situation.

I’ve bumped into wolves hiking into a spot at 3am. Just stood there and looked at me with glowing green eyes and didn’t move off like deer do.

The next week hiking in the dark a pack was howling 200 yards away.

It was serene, majestic even.

kiddogy

WKR
Thanks for the replies fellas. I wish I would be able to kill one out there but can't afford the weight of a rifle since we'll be hiking in with camp on our backs. Looking forward to the hunt regardless of the challenge, will report back if we see/hear any wolves. Thanks!!!!
hell stick one with yer bow if opportunity presents