Wolf Encounter - maybe?

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
I've never heard wolves yip, when they howl you definitely will know it's a wolf, because they sound creepy, make the hair on your arse stand on end!

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any sounds you've heard dogs make, wolves make. One example: We found a wolf den site on a sheep survey in the Brooks. Had three pups inside the cave, alone. A few minutes later three adults showed up and gave us a stern talking to...barking, yipping, growling, yawning with guttural sounds, howling. They tried it all until we slipped away and left them alone. A big male even followed us out of sight and off their patch of landscape, barking incessantly like a yapping yard dog. Crazy.

Attachments

• IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 21

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
That’s an interesting encounter, one of my hunting buddies had the exact same experience in Idaho. A bunch came down to our elk camp and wouldn’t leave for hours he said. I wasn’t there that night, it was before we had a hunting season. I’ve had quite a few run ins with wolves. Now that we have been able to hunt and trap wolves I’m lucky to see the backend of one going away at Mach 90. They seemed way more bold before we could hunt them, which makes sense. Wolves are pretty amazing animals but if they are not kept in check you better find a new elk spot. The camp I mentioned above, we all abandoned years ago , and it still hasn’t bounced back to what it was

Ishisube

Lil-Rokslider
I've never heard wolves yip, when they howl you definitely will know it's a wolf, because they sound creepy, make the hair on your arse stand on end!
I have and it's interesting to hear how it changes from the howls to yips as they gather closer together. The two guys with me the first time I heard it were pretty freaked out until I pointed out that they were probably a mile away and we were on snowmachines. LoL

Tmac

WKR
When I hear these stories, I always think of this one. No doubt wolves will harass humans under certain conditions. In this case they say she was near a rendezvous site, den or food source. Not sure I buy that. There was also a case in Canada some years back where a pack of Coyotes took down an adult female, only case of that I know of.

So I would not have been too excited to get out of my tent either. But if I did I’d have had a gun and probably a light.

Kill em all! Just like they were erradicated in the 50's.....we have no need for them! Hunters and natural disasters now keep the animal populations in check!...... the non-hunting crowd were the ones responsible for the Canadian wolves introduced into the US.....they are not an endangered species!.....was an attempt to stop hunting and so far is working to an extent....absolutely should not have been imported without a control plan in place before! Protecting a non-endangered species is absolutely ludacris!.....and pretending they aren't canadian wolves is even more ludacris!.....

WyoKimber

FNG
This story was pretty similar to yours just with a different outcome.