WM Sequoia Packability

wiarcher

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking at getting a WM Sequoia that I would use on a back country elk hunt. For those you have this bag I am wondering what size stuff sack you use with it?

My Sea To Summit eVent compression bag is an XL for my Sequoia. I would not recommend going smaller in the eVent series for that sleeping bag. The stuffed shape is rather like a blocky cylinder. if you want a longer cylinder shape you'd need to go with a different shaped compression bag.

My Sea To Summit eVent compression bag is an XL for my Sequoia. I would not recommend going smaller in the eVent series for that sleeping bag. The stuffed shape is rather like a blocky cylinder. if you want a longer cylinder shape you'd need to go with a different shaped compression bag.

Thanks Kevin. That is what I was wondering about the eVent size.

When it comes to these enormously lofty down bags like the Sequoia, I prefer a compression bag with a larger diameter opening or throat. Using a smaller opening bag is like stuffing a beach ball in your front pocket....a pita. I'm not sure about the microfiber version, but my GWS (Gore) model gives up it's air and loft very reluctantly when stuffing. I would benefit from having 4 arms for the job.

Back