Wiser Precision Trekking pole mount

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey,

Shane from Wiser Precision here, I'd love to hear what you guys think and answer any questions you might have.

Ryan Avery actually got a set of these a couple weeks ago and will be writing a review after he has had some time with them.
Can't wait to see the review. Awesome idea see some in my future

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see the review. Awesome idea see some in my future

Thanks! I'm trying really hard to be the first one to take an animal with them this year, lol. But my WA bear season so far has been pretty booked with other obligations, so I suspect someone else will beat me to it.

Tx_300wsm

Lil-Rokslider
Just saw these and immediately ordered a set. I’ve been wanting a bipod for my rifle but couldn’t bring myself to spend the money on a lightweight one. These should be awesome if they work well.

Just saw these and immediately ordered a set. I’ve been wanting a bipod for my rifle but couldn’t bring myself to spend the money on a lightweight one. These should be awesome if they work well.
Thanks!
Please let me know what you think of them once you have them in hand! Personally, I just leave my Bipod at home now. Where I hunt makes me pretty weight conscience, and the terrain I hunt in rarely allows a short bipod to even work at all.

Couldn’t resist! Hope these will be the ticket for my upcoming backpack hunt. I can’t live without shooting sticks and my trekking poles come with me everywhere. Could be perfect.

They're up - $32.99 + $7.84 shipping to Montana. I'm annoyed by the shipping cost.
Shipping options have been updated recently, you can actually select USPS First Class (~half the price and half as fast as Priority). First Class does have a weight threshold though, so only small items can be shipped via that service.

scp

Lil-Rokslider
Full morning at the range today. Shot off pack and off Wiser Precision pole setup. Very, very happy with the purchase, the price, and the stability. Offers more options than a much more expensive and heavier bipod does in pitched terrain in my opinion.

I’ve made A good number of kills off shooting sticks, a lot of them there was no time for a bipod and too much brush to lay down on a pack. To me it’s an essential item. Can’t wait to see if these will replace my old and loud shooting sticks.

I bought 2 pairs. One pair squeeked and was 'hitchy' while trying to spread the sticks. A quick pass or three over a sanding belt fixed it right up. The other was just too tight, with no noise. Personally, I threw away the stop screws, as ya never know when you might have to exceed the limits. I also feel they are way oversized. Something no bigger than a leupold dual dovetail would be plenty. An adjustable spacer would be handy if a guy(me) used carbon cow-pokers instead of bulky cork/fat handled poles. I get needing the depth on those fat ol' cork handles, but the spacing is pretty wide for my liking

I've already shot a bunch of prairie dogs off'n them.....
Ya beat me to it! haha. That's great! Excellent critical feedback, by the way! I agree with you on the spacing, I wish I could have brought them closer together, but the thick trekking pole handles do get in the way. On top of that, some of the accessories I've been testing (they clip to the ring cut around the female piece) need a bit of room too. That spacing seemed to be the best compromise, but it is just that, a compromise.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about a link I'm having trouble searching for the place to purchase.

I see I'm an idiot I searched the thread title instead of the actual name WISER Precision. Ordered a set

Last edited:
These are legit! In quick testing they seem more stable than regular shooting sticks. Maybe because trekking poles are heavier and Thicker. You can produce a squeak if you work them back and forth quickly playing around with them, otherwise no squeaking for me. Can’t wait to kill a big buck with em.

I ordered a set. Seems like it will work for me minus the squeak.
Thanks! I'm excited so many people are interested in these. Any squeaking should require some effort to produce (as mentioned by willfrye027). I do fit test these before shipping, but, it is totally possible that I made a mistake and sent huntsman22 with a pair that was too tight. Regardless, you should not have any problems with squeaking!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Couldn't wait on Ryan's review had get a set ordered myself for my buffalo hunt. Already getting some pretty good reviews on this thread. Looking forward to checking them out myself

Couldn't wait on Ryan's review had get a set ordered myself for my buffalo hunt. Already getting some pretty good reviews on this thread. Looking forward to checking them out myself

That's awesome! If you have the opportunity to use them on your Buffalo hunt, please take a picture with them! I would love to see them used on a special hunt like that!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's awesome! If you have the opportunity to use them on your Buffalo hunt, please take a picture with them! I would love to see them used on a special hunt like that!
Should be here with plenty of time to set them up perfectly.
07953d0024a48c352e1f0d90a7ac3daa.jpg