Wiser Precision Quick Stix

gtriple

WKR
Anybody use the sticks with the quick clip attachment? Or just the quick sticks alone?
I do with my chasses with arca rails. The ability to change the location of the mount makes them a lot more useful. If I'm running a stock, I don't take the clip.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
How about answering his question,thats what the fourm is for.
How about everyone stop and just use the search for everything,just about everything has been talked about,that would make for an interesting fourm.
Does it seriously bother you.

I carry mine a lot and they seem well made.
That and a backpack will get the job done.
No. He was saying review the other threads on this exact same topic which will also have great info for OP to absorb. He wasn’t saying “don’t post this and just search”.

Relax.

So I picked up the Quick Clip and so far I'm not 100% in on it. I need to use it a lot more, but for the time being, do any of you guys have experience with it? Any tips?

Poser

WKR
So I picked up the Quick Clip and so far I'm not 100% in on it. I need to use it a lot more, but for the time being, do any of you guys have experience with it? Any tips?
Cliff Gray has some videos on them. He wasn't originally sold on the quick clip itself vs. just using the quick sticks, but came around after some experimentation.

Poser

WKR
I've been experimenting with the Quick Clip after just using the quick sticks. Super stable, super awesome. Pull your pack in for a bear hug for a rear shooting bag and its sufficiently stable for 500 yard shots. With no rear bag, I'm comfortable out to 250-300.

I will say, you need to really spend some time with this system to have it dialed in. Its not just a matter of clipping to your poles, you need to know when and where to adjust your poles for various setups and what positions are favorable for you. There is a learning curve and admittingly, its a little frustrating, but once you get past that stage, its incredibly practical and as stable as you are going to get without being prone or having a shooting tripod.

I'm gonna jump in with everyone here and say they work great!. I will add that the type of trekking poles you have, and how they extend will effect how well they work.

I had some komperdell trailstick carbon c4 vario compact trekking poles, and with the way they went together and extended, they would not really work if you wanted to shoot in a prone position with the quick stix and the quick clip as a bipod. They couldn't be one piece and be very short.

But now I run the REI trailmade trekking poles, are always one solid piece when full shortened, and extend out. They work much better for those situations.