Wind proof Fleece Jacket?

Swazi Nahanni jacket. Has windstopper in the torso area but not the arms. Very comfortable and quiet and also long so when you bend over the wind doesn't whistle up the small of your back.
That looks like a great jacket if it is windproof. Do you have one and is it really Windstopper or something else because the description doesn't specify?

LostArra

WKR
If you are late season bow hunting from a stand then the old Cabela's wooltimate with Windshear is the ticket. I wear the vest most of the time until it reaches 30 then move to the jacket.

ddigman3

FNG
Haven't tried the new Kuiu Wind Pro but I love the Peloton 240 I wouldn't call it wind proof more wind resistant. Used together with a softshell or the insulation pieces it ends up close to 90-95% windproof in my opinion.

Simms used to have a double layer windstopper fleece jacket. After several years of looking I finally found one on ebay and bought it.

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
That looks like a great jacket if it is windproof. Do you have one and is it really Windstopper or something else because the description doesn't specify?
I've had mine for 3 years now and really like it. I couldn't tell you if it is the actual name brand windstopper or something else. It is effective though, but it is only in the torso area.... it would be nice if it went through the arms as well but it's not a deal breaker for me

For actually stopping wind I can’t agree more with everyone who says Cabelas Windshear. It’s not sexy, It just works

For actually stopping wind I can’t agree more with everyone who says Cabelas Windshear. It’s not sexy, It just works

I was one that touted the Windshear and a couple weeks ago bought a Sitka Jetstream with Windstopper.

I hunted a few weeks ago with it when the actual temperature was 26 and the wind chill was said to be in the upper teens and I was fine. This morning I wore actually what should have been warmer than what I wore the first time and was colder because the Windstopper is not as good at blocking the wind as windshear! This morning was 39 with a windchill in the upper 20’s. So it was warmer but the wind was more and my arms were much colder. In fact enough that I got down from my treestand almost an hour earlier than I planned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
Sitka Stratus, Code of Silence and Natrual Gear all do well. Listed from highest to lowest in price.

fishslap

WKR
Sitka Stratus, Code of Silence and Natrual Gear all do well. Listed from highest to lowest in price.
Any experience with the zone 7 versa from code of silence? I’m looking for something warmer than my Cabelas Berber fleece without being much heavier. The two are the same weight.

I do not have any experience. My buddy used it all season. He was a sitka guy and said the COS was as good. He is hard on his gear and demands a lot. That was good enough for me.

Natural gear wind-cepter jacket is absolutely the best wind proof quiet fleece I’ve had. And I’ve had several different ones. In fact it’s so wind proof, warm and comfortable that I had to buy myself another one after my wife permanently borrowed my first one.
I wish they’d make a hooded version in a solid color. My father-in-law has the hooded parka and he loves it for late season.

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
Natural gear wind-cepter jacket is absolutely the best wind proof quiet fleece I’ve had. And I’ve had several different ones. In fact it’s so wind proof, warm and comfortable that I had to buy myself another one after my wife permanently borrowed my first one.
I wish they’d make a hooded version in a solid color. My father-in-law has the hooded parka and he loves it for late season.
Looks nice just wish they made solid colors!

dwills

FNG
I used the Sitka stratus for years for this application. I am exclusively a bow hunter and the gore membrane is just loud to me when i draw my bow on a deer inside 25 yards. I bought the kuiu wind pro this year and love it as a quiet outer jacket. Love the pocket design even better, being able to easily slide in my phone one handed silently. Now it’s not as warm as the stratus so layering is key. I just wish it came in ev2. Lol

LostArra

WKR
I used the Sitka stratus for years for this application. I am exclusively a bow hunter and the gore membrane is just loud to me when i draw my bow on a deer inside 25 yards. I bought the kuiu wind pro this year and love it as a quiet outer jacket. Love the pocket design even better, being able to easily slide in my phone one handed silently. Now it’s not as warm as the stratus so layering is key. I just wish it came in ev2. Lol
Are you referring to this?

I found it to be a nice fit with good pockets and quiet but absolutely worthless against the wind. I returned it immediately.

Last edited:

dwills

FNG
Are you referring to this?

I found it to be a nice fit with good pockets but absolutely worthless against the wind. I returned it immediately.
Yep that’s the one. I found a place for it along with my stratus and fanatic set. For calmer chill mornings. I love how quiet it is and the pocket layout. Definitely a niche piece though