Williams Western Precision Sight Adjustment

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know how much downrange movement at 100 yards you should get for each hash mark on the elevation adjustment on the rear sight on the Williams Western Precision Sight. I have it mounted on a CVA Optima. I also emailed Williams and will put the reply here once I get one. My sight radius as measured from the back of the rear sight to the front sight reticle is 23 1/16".

I could do some science and measurement here at the range but am not confident enough in my shooting abilities with this here musket to get a reliable measurement. Thanks in advance.

Probably depends on your load.

Mine is as far back as I can go without the slide overlapping the barrel mount base and am still about 2" high at 100 yds.

OP
LostWapiti

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Probably depends on your load.

Mine is as far back as I can go without the slide overlapping the barrel mount base and am still about 2" high at 100 yds.
It would not depend on the load as it is only an angular measurement just like MOA or MIL.

once a guy helped me to set up a rifle with better sights. my problem was i had a round receiver and Williams does not make a sight that is field adjustable with a round top. So he talked me into using a weaver scope mount and using long screws to go through both the sight and the mount. He added a Lyman AHB globe sight to the front. And Lee shavers inserts for fine aiming. I also had him add a Gib Lock screw for field adjustments.
He can now use a range finder get the distance. Set the sight and hold dead on the animal.

Attachments

• 30ae0b1c336904c274878abec2c5f8c9.jpg
    30ae0b1c336904c274878abec2c5f8c9.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 160aa11a5bab6abe7c981ae289c59618.jpg
    160aa11a5bab6abe7c981ae289c59618.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 20

Wrench

WKR
There are too many variables to answer....but the math is easy. Plug them in here.

Atoka Man

FNG
once a guy helped me to set up a rifle with better sights. my problem was i had a round receiver and Williams does not make a sight that is field adjustable with a round top. So he talked me into using a weaver scope mount and using long screws to go through both the sight and the mount. He added a Lyman AHB globe sight to the front. And Lee shavers inserts for fine aiming. I also had him add a Gib Lock screw for field adjustments.
He can now use a range finder get the distance. Set the sight and hold dead on the animal.
Man that is a serious sight, I was looking at something like this when I set up my CVA LRX. How much did this whole set up set you back? Is it still available? What can you say about the adjustability of the sight?

OP
LostWapiti

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
There are too many variables to answer....but the math is easy. Plug them in here.

Thanks this is super helpful.

I plugged in the numbers of my rifle for 100 yards and it is returning a value of 0.006 when I put the distance from centerline at 1”. So I think this means that for every 6 thousands you move the sight it would equate to 1” on target.

Last edited:
OP
LostWapiti

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
I got an awesome quick response from Williams this morning and they say that for my sight radius each hash mark represents approximately 0.75 MOA. Each hash mark is 0.025 inches apart so that means that to move the POI 1 MOA you would need to move the sight by 0.033 inches. What I have above from the Dillon calculator is way off. I was a bit unsure about that calculator and how I was using it.