williams globe/peep sights question

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
I just swapped my scope for the williams rear peep and front globe. Currently, the peep is all the way down the ramp. The front globe is what it is. I'm still 8in high at 50 and have no room left to move. From what I read, I need to shim the front up. I'm wondering how much shim can I realistically do to the front before the gap is too much to much shim? 1/8in? 1/4in? In my mind I could need 1/4in or more shim? I shoot an older Knight Vision 50cal. 84gr by weight BH209 and a 300gr Thor. The groups are awesome, just high. I've tried lower powder charges and it's similar. Anyone ever have a similar issue? Any way to calculate how much shim can I expect to put up front or is it just trial and error? I am scratching my head, but maybe there is a simple fix I am overlooking.

OP
B

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
I do have all the inserts. I built my shim last night, need to get longer screws to do the install.

OP
B

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
No, the globe is on the barrel, ramp is on rear

Wickedwagens

Lil-Rokslider
I saw on a different post that you can use your original ramp vs the one that comes with the sight depending on what rifle you have. That got the rear peep low enough.

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
Call Williams. They have great customer service and can probably help you out…

OP
B

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up shimming the front up a little more than 1/16 and got it dialed in. Had to get some longer screws for the front globe.

Wrench

WKR
We know you want to move 8" at 100 yards. If you tell me how long your sight radius is (front to rear sight) I can tell you how much you need to move.