Wildlife Lens Recommendation

ssramage

FNG
Last year, my wife and I took a trip to Europe and decided to make an investment in a nice camera for such a big trip. We ended up getting a Sony a6400 and picked up a Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 lens as well as a Sigma 56mm f1.4 lens. For travel and general family photos, I really like both of these and have taken some decent pictures (I think) with them.

I'm interested in possibly picking up a more wildlife centered lens now. With two young boys getting most of the rifle time these days, I'm relegated to mostly an observer anyways. We also have an Alaskan cruise next summer and something with reach would be nice.

What would be a good (budget) lens for wildlife photography and at what ranges could I reasonably expect to get good photos?

Good morning. There are a lot of options on the market. Sony has a 55-210mm (Acts like a 68-315mm in full frame terms)
The retail on this is $298.00 before the Rokslide adjustment. As a sponsor here we always do the best we can for members here.
Everyone's budget is different. Sigma makes some great options at all different price points.

Best to give me a call at 516-217-1000. I am here today until 4:00, tomorrow from 9-5

Joel

406life

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot a Canon, so I'd have to look up a model number, but Tamron has some budget lenses. You'll want something like an 18-300, or a 400 if you can find it. It'll run you around $400. I'll tell you it's worth jumping up another level though for the clarity. Make sure it has image stablization and autofocus.