Wilderness Spot and Stalk Bear

bobhunts

WKR
The night before I left Elk camp a bear stole my antlers in the dark of the night! And that was after causing my hunting partner to yell at me while the bear was brushing all over his tent and trying to come into the vestibule. It is very dry and the bears are trying to get fat where they can. There were bears in camp every day in the middle of the day every day. Now I'll move to the unit I have a valid bear tag and get some revenge if I can for my antler stealing thief!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Great job again guys! Though I was hoping for boardshorts instead of the camo pants! ;)

Mike

We have not been taking the shorts this year. We both have been using the Sitka Ascent pants and really liking them.
Maybe next weekend I'll wear my board shorts when Littlebuf and I go bear hunting.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Here's one that did hit the ground.

DadsBear-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
PM me or dirtytough and we can help you out. Last year I went on two trips and I saw bears everyday of both trips. Most days I saw more than one.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys. That is my dad in the pic with his first bear. We spotted it about a half mile away and he almost ran down the trail to get into position. On this hunt we had backpacked 10 miles to camp and shot the bear another 4.5 miles past camp.

Here we are on our way back to camp in the dark. About 4 miles to go.
Left to right. Me, my dad and his friend Steve. (dirtytough took the pic)
GPW2007BrandenHighHunt052.jpg

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
This is a buddy of mine trying to get a shot at his first bear. The angle ended up being too much and he couldn't get steady.

IMG_0190_zpse7f87931.jpg