Why no talk about Colorado sheep and goat draw?

Hnthrdr

WKR
I used to love this time of the year. These days if it happens it will happen. I’ve had some great luck over the years. Too much for one guy to be up front about it. I didn’t know tomorrow was the draw date, but good luck to all, such a great opportunity that CO offers that only few will ever truly enjoy.

One from a few years ago in a CO unit. I got his big brother, but this ram somehow made it through year after year in a Lion infested unit.View attachment 543909
He has seen some hard miles, broomed up and all. He is a stud!

Hnthrdr

WKR
More points for this guy. Cant wait to also not draw for elk again this year third time in a row thanks to creep :ROFLMAO:
Not that I would have drawn goat or sheep, but I was burning points for elk this year, so just figured it’s best to just get points. it would really suck to not draw… if I don’t I am praying we go to stupid banking then…

svivian

WKR
I
Not that I would have drawn goat or sheep, but I was burning points for elk this year, so just figured it’s best to just get points. it would really suck to not draw… if I don’t I am praying we go to stupid banking then…

I've been 50% draw odds the last two years for the unit I wanted. LOL the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I

I've been 50% draw odds the last two years for the unit I wanted. LOL the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.
It’s your year this year! Gotta stay positive, I just get an uneasy feeling, in theory I should be a lock with my points this year, but seems like a lot of folks calling for everyone to burn everything they have so who knows? On the flip side, if I don’t draw I can disappointed for weeks on end with the reissue tags 😀

And.... the $50 for goat just hit.... Guess I need to sacrifice some extra chickens, or pay for better voodoo magic, or something....

ahlgringo

WKR
I say it every year, don't buy the bonus point, it's not worth the minuscule draw advantage, and I HATE seeing the $50 pending charge. Well, got another 2 $50 pending charges. Next year is my year, ha

OP
Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same situation (both for points and new kiddo)
I won't be doing my usual weeklong archery elk trip either. Day hunts only this fall. Which I'm surprisingly good with actually. It will probably be healthy to not be so hunting obsessed for a year. I'll get back to my crazy ways in 2024.

cnelk

WKR
20 years ago I helped my buddy get his goat off a 13,500 peak.

Right then and there I decided that sheep and goat wasn’t my style.

Focused on moose, elk and deer after that

20 years ago I helped my buddy get his goat off a 13,500 peak.

Right then and there I decided that sheep and goat wasn’t my style.

Focused on moose, elk and deer after that
I like hunts where it’s just you and maybe a guy or two. My second ram rag was 30 days of just me. Only one tag issued, and without a doubt it was the best hunt of my life. This will be my last go around, I’m going to take this one in. Colorado no matter where it’s heading has been more than good to me, and as mentioned before, too good.

Congratulations to all that got a tag! Hope it turns into the hunt of a lifetime. Looks like a big swing and a miss for myself this year