Why Match/Target Bullets For Hunting

wyosam

WKR
Copper sucks with short barrels, small cartridges, and extended ranges. Thus forcing more people to: A) shoot higher recoiling rifles that they won’t practice with increasing their chance for wounding; or B) also increase the chance of wounding because they won’t know the velocity limitations of copper and will continue using short barrels, small cartridges, and taking pot shots at ranges they aren’t capable of making…

An increase in wounded animals that escape and aren’t retrieved/tagged sounds like a net negative for the environment and the animals in it.

Use copper if you want, especially if you know its limitations. Just don’t force it on the general public because the general public’s ballistic ignorance and lack of practice isn’t changing anytime soon.

People who don’t know what they are doing and make no effort to learn shoot all kinds of bullets, in fact they probably shoot what is cheapest (likely not copper). That’s a bad argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People who don’t know what they are doing and make no effort to learn shoot all kinds of bullets, in fact they probably shoot what is cheapest (likely not copper). That’s a bad argument.

The cheapest is lead and would therefore be banned. So no they wouldn’t shoot that if forced into copper.

I have no desire to derail this thread, so I’m leaving the copper discussion to anyone of the many, many other copper/environment threads there likely are… but you won’t see me in those either because they make me want to stick my head in an oven.

wyosam

WKR
The cheapest is lead and would therefore be banned. So no they wouldn’t shoot that if forced into copper.

I have no desire to derail this thread, so I’m leaving the copper discussion to anyone of the many, many other copper/environment threads there likely are… but you won’t see me in those either because they make me want to stick my head in an oven.

I didn’t bring it up.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Well I guess my reading comprehension sucks. I was under the impression that the overwhelming majority of people on this forum preferred the 147 eld-m vs. the 143 eld-x in the 6.5's.
In big game animals nobody will be able to tell the difference.

In what I’ve seen on ballistics gel and ply wood tests with reduced loads simulating various impact velocities, going back to when these bullets came out up until very recently, general performance has a slight edge favoring the ELDX.

Again, nothing that anyone would be able to distinguish in big game organs, scapula, or ribs. Shoot what shoots the best out of your gun.