Why i do not use floorless in warm weather.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Had to collect one of those giant Centipedes once for an Entomology class in
College. I hate those things.
Those are reason enough to have a real tent.

sivart

WKR
My story isn't as cool as a snake. Last summer on a scouting trip i could not keep thousands of lady bugs from crawling all over my face and inside the bag. ended up packing up middle of the night, hiked the 2000 ft climb back down to the truck for the night. Swore off a floorless shelter after that trip.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Did they smell like cucumbers ?
Taste like chicken.

Found out that weekend before this last one a family was at a campsite 50 yards from me. Taking down the tent and there were a few Lil copperhead under it. Their young boy got bit and the snakes escaped.

Swamp Fox

WKR
My story isn't as cool as a snake. Last summer on a scouting trip i could not keep thousands of lady bugs from crawling all over my face and inside the bag. ended up packing up middle of the night, hiked the 2000 ft climb back down to the truck for the night. Swore off a floorless shelter after that trip.
Hope you didn't kill any of them. That's bad luck ... Which I remembered after killing hundreds of the buggers that were infesting a screened porch in Cheraw, SC one afternoon.

I had permission to fish a blackwater quarry pond which was full of big bream and bass, and to stay overnight whenever I wanted in a comfy bed at the cabin. It was about half-way to some deer hunting grounds, so a great stop-over point.

I thought I was doing the absentee landowners a favor by running over to Walmart for some bug spray. LOL

They reminded me about the bad luck thing when I told them about it, which explains a lot about the last few years ... LOL

Shoot...I was a kid when I last heard about ladybug magic ...

My doggie makes short work of rats. Only 14 months but he has chalked up a few kills just around town.
If you ever want to come to VA, you and I can take our dogs into Washington DC at night...... River rats... EVERYWHERE. It would probably be the funniest thing ever and make the news when people start filtering into the city the next day to find rats strewn all over the national mall

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 563803
Scolopendra heros, giant Sonoran centipede

These and scorpions are what keep me in a full tent or bug bivy if under a tarp year round in the desert southwest. Not much freaks me out but the giant centipedes sure do. When they crawl up rock faces you can hear the legs scratching and tapping as they slither around. Freaky!
These are my least favorite thing I’ve ever encountered.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
If you ever want to come to VA, you and I can take our dogs into Washington DC at night...... River rats... EVERYWHERE. It would probably be the funniest thing ever and make the news when people start filtering into the city the next day to find rats strewn all over the national mall
there is another vermin problem in DC....