WHY Cabelas!!!

ODB

WKR
What is the deal with Cabelas putting their shipping stickers on the most important part of the items packaging??? I really didn't even want to know what lb test the line is! Who cares what spice I'm using up my elk backstrap!!!View attachment 509736

This is awesome. I am in the middle of fixing the global package labeling for my company. I will use this as a "not to do" example!

IdahoBeav

WKR
I just hate stickers on anything !!! Makes my blood boil. I shouldn’t have to use acetone to remove a sticker off a $700 fly rod.
Where is that happening!? I buy $700+ fly rods every year from multiple online fly shops and have never seen this.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

2531usmc

WKR
Say what you want but Walmart employs a lot of people. Probably way more than the mom and pop stores they closed down. So I guess the people working at big money outfits are not hard working people?
I believe Wal Mart also offers subsidized health insurance and retirement accounts for their employees. Benefits that were previously out of reach for the same employees working for mom and pop business

Yoder

WKR
The only problem I have with Cabelas is they are expensive. Their customer service and returns were always great. The only reason I used to go to their stores was the Bargain Cave. You could find some good deals on returned items. They got rid of that a few years ago so I don't really have a reason to go there anymore.

It's a lose lose scenario. If the sticker was to the left you would know what lb test it is, but every time that line was in the water you'd be wondering to yourself if it had higher abrasion resistance or near invisibility.

I used to use nothing but the cabalas CC and give them a ton of business. When BPS took over it just went way down. I switched to Scheels and never looked back.

packer58

WKR
I used to use nothing but the cabalas CC and give them a ton of business. When BPS took over it just went way down. I switched to Scheels and never looked back.
Pretty much did the same, my Scheels CC is my go to card for most everything. They send me $25.00 gift cards in the mail quite regularly.

I used to go to Cabelas frequently and loved checking out the Bargain Cave. Now I only go there to buy hunting/fishing licenses because I have so many gift cards to use up.

No different than Walmart and others ...... Big money outfits that steel money away from good hard working people, causing small mom and pops stores to close up.
They are all about GREED
I'll preface this by saying I rarely shop Cabela's anymore, so in no way am I Cabela's supporter.
How do they "steel" money? They sell products that the buying public can either purchase or not purchase. That's not greed, that's called capitalism.

Post merger is when I really cut back on any business that I give to Cabela's. They used to have great Cabela's branded gear and merchandise, but the quality really nosedived post merger. They used to have great sales and coupons, but I never receive coupons any more and the sales are usually on their low quality apparel.

But, what really pissed me off after the merger is that the "LIFETIME WARRANTY" no longer applied to purchases made prior to the merger. I had gear that failed and tried to exchange. I talked to 2 different store managers who told me the Lifetime Warranty no longer applies. I had about $150 in gift cards that I used up and haven't been back since. That was about 2 years ago.

TheCougar

WKR
What is the deal with Cabelas putting their shipping stickers on the most important part of the items packaging??? I really didn't even want to know what lb test the line is! Who cares what spice I'm using up my elk backstrap!!!View attachment 509736
Because Cabelas and Bass Pro sucks. I think the real question is, why are you surprised?!? Sorta kidding… but not really. When they merged and got bought out, Cabelas died to me. I cancelled my card and basically shop anywhere else now. Scheels actually has excellent gear from some brands that aren’t Coleman and Red Head. I haven’t been in a Cabelas or BP in years, and I can’t say I’ve missed it.

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
Post merger is when I really cut back on any business that I give to Cabela's. They used to have great Cabela's branded gear and merchandise, but the quality really nosedived post merger. They used to have great sales and coupons, but I never receive coupons any more and the sales are usually on their low quality apparel.

But, what really pissed me off after the merger is that the "LIFETIME WARRANTY" no longer applied to purchases made prior to the merger. I had gear that failed and tried to exchange. I talked to 2 different store managers who told me the Lifetime Warranty no longer applies. I had about $150 in gift cards that I used up and haven't been back since. That was about 2 years ago.
This !
A prime example of how they are steeling money.
The personalized experience of customer service SUCKS at this big Conglomerate.

I have had a Cabela's credit card for years. After another year I'll probably have enough in points to buy a case of ammo or rifle.

I enjoy taking the kids once a year to see the taxidermy and big buck exhibit and feed the big gross fish in the pond. Mostly it looks like a kohls with camo.