WHY Cabelas!!!

Cabelas sucks. But who remembers the before times? Before the internet when that fall catalog would show up in the mailbox. You lived a couple of hours away from any store that carried much more than the old Allen cheesecloth game bags and a twenty year old collection of Remington Core lokt bullets in 3 different calibers. After saving up all of your money from stacking hay all summer, You knew if you ordered just right, your stuff would show up a couple of weeks before hunting season started. Those were the days!

pirogue

WKR
I worked in NE when Cabela’s only 2 stores in the country were in Kearney and Sydney. And speaking of those Fall catalogs, if you got a hardback, you thought you really got something. I’ve got a lot of merchandise, compliments of using my CC points, but those days are past.

I worked in NE when Cabela’s only 2 stores in the country were in Kearney and Sydney. And speaking of those Fall catalogs, if you got a hardback, you thought you really got something. I’ve got a lot of merchandise, compliments of using my CC points, but those days are past.
Those hardbacks were the best!

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
Grew up in NE. Remember going to the first shop they had in Kearney- Was super young. Can't remember much of the store, but reminds me of a current small town archery shop. Somebody remember the original Kearney location?

Rpolar

FNG
I’ve switched to Scheels, Cabelas used to get a lot of my business especially when they had legit bargain cave deals but now I don’t even remember the last time i’ve looked at their site.

I have made the switch to Scheels as well. I have a Cabela's, Bass Pro, and Scheels all close by and will always choose Scheels.

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
I visited their Sidney store back in the 90s and it was great. The original Cabela’s clothing and gear was first rate. I still have some of their USA made Goretex rain clothing. Cabela’s went down hill when the brothers became less involved and I believe they sold out to the investment firm (this was some years before the fish company bought them). They started selling Chinese clothing and other junk.