Who's hunting sheep soon?

I’ll be heading out Oct 1
e92f92077612b6ee7dc80425e8af9f34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Lanai hunt was awesome! Wind made it BRUTAL with a bow in hand but got it done on this ram.
View attachment 576731
Right on man, congrats! I chased them around on Lanai this past Jan. for a couple days, and did get within bow range on one occasion but ended up getting busted, so no shot. They sure are fun to hunt on that island though, along with the Axis deer.

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Right on man, congrats! I chased them around on Lanai this past Jan. for a couple days, and did get within bow range on one occasion but ended up getting busted, so no shot. They sure are fun to hunt on that island though, along with the Axis deer.
That is awesome you got out to Lanai! Logistics wise it's a difficult place to hunt. Mouflon are probably the most switch on animal I've hunted. Strolling around it was common for them to spot me at 800-1000 yards and take off in the opposite direction. Their eyesight is incredible.

I certainly need to get out there for Axis next. Will try and draw an archery permit in the next lottery. Did you get a deer while out there?

I did not measure. Forgot to do so 🤦‍♂️ He's at the taxidermist now
You drop it off with mos last saturday? He picked up something for me too and I think saw it in the back of his truck. Excellent ram, anything over half curl extremely rare these days they've been hammered the last couple of years

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
You drop it off with mos last saturday? He picked up something for me too and I think saw it in the back of his truck. Excellent ram, anything over half curl extremely rare these days they've been hammered the last couple of years
That is funny! Mos swung by and picked up on Saturday; he must have went straight to your place afterwards. Bojangles- you live on Lanai I take it?

You planning to get back for one of the mouflon rifle hunts coming up?
No my rifle hunt last fall was poor and I only went deer rifle rifle bc i drew the first weekend and that was poor too. Didn't bother with archery, Things have really gone downhill for deer and rams with the drought and the number of tags given out last couple years so I've kinda given up hunting there for a while. I was even on another part of the island with my friend trying to get him a buck and the numbers were way down there too.

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
No my rifle hunt last fall was poor and I only went deer rifle rifle bc i drew the first weekend and that was poor too. Didn't bother with archery, Things have really gone downhill for deer and rams with the drought and the number of tags given out last couple years so I've kinda given up hunting there for a while. I was even on another part of the island with my friend trying to get him a buck and the numbers were way down there too.
It is a d*mn shame to hear that but that's certainly what has happened on the island. Sending you a DM.

Headed out on my first sheep hunt (but not for lacking of trying, ~35 years of unsuccessfully trying to draw a Bighorn license here) Saturday.

Dall sheep, Brooks Range- psyched!

You'll have a good hunt this year. Enjoy all that daylight up there. Makes for some long days, but that's what's unique about the Brooks Range. The scenery is fantastic in the Smith Mountains, inside the refuge. Enjoy!

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Headed to the Church last day of August for the Bighorn opener. I'll be in a support role but I'm just as excited as he is. Be headed up there in two weeks for a solo scouting trip.

Randy