Who sells barelled actions on defiance receivers?

SDHNTR

WKR
Trying to keep things easy. Rather than going prefit, or chamber and fit by gunsmith, and having to order and wait from multiple places. Anyone know who sells barelled actions on Defiance receivers? Specifically an XM length receiver.

Last edited:
I know you don’t want to do the whole gunsmith thing but here is a steal on an action and just have it sent to UM and they will put an ace barrel on it for you which they have it stock. I am pretty sure the xm+ is a true medium action compared to remmington.

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
Ragged Hole uses a house-branded Defiance action and sells a variety of barrel action combos.

FYI, I have ZERO experience with them.

Kurts86

WKR
I’ve bought from Altus and everything from them has been great. They have done some gunsmithing work and the turn around was a few days.

Bugholes is well regarded by all means though their focus is more on competition barrels and less on hunting.

Before defiance when completely upside down I heard that the majority of their actions were getting sold through Altus or Bugholes.

axeforce6

WKR
I’ve bought from Altus and everything from them has been great. They have done some gunsmithing work and the turn around was a few days.

Bugholes is well regarded by all means though their focus is more on competition barrels and less on hunting.

Before defiance when completely upside down I heard that the majority of their actions were getting sold through Altus or Bugholes.
I have a few from bug holes. I only own hunting rifles.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I know you don’t want to do the whole gunsmith thing but here is a steal on an action and just have it sent to UM and they will put an ace barrel on it for you which they have it stock. I am pretty sure the xm+ is a true medium action compared to remmington.
The issue is I have a stock already that is inletted for standard XM length.

I actually just wanted to sell the stock (AG Composites) alone, but it’s not selling. Figured I might drop a barreled action into it, maybe shoot it for a bit, then sell as a complete rifle. Just brainstorming.

wapitibob

WKR
Call pucker factor rifles dot com in WY and see if they have any defiance classics (anti with pinned lug). Guaranteed headspace and just over $900 last I saw. They can probably screw a barrel on for you.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Call pucker factor rifles dot com in WY and see if they have any defiance classics (anti with pinned lug). Guaranteed headspace and just over $900 last I saw. They can probably screw a barrel on for you.
The Classic isn’t made in XM length. And it’s my understanding the new Classic is a replacement to the Tenacity, not the Anti.