Who has ditched the trusted Nalgene bottle?

Gmr777

Lil-Rokslider
Another HDPE Nalgene convert here, just as durable as the OG but half the weight
Same really like the hdpe. Switched last year and left the big bladder at home. Have a small bladder I’ll run with if limited water access and hiking a lot, easier to drink on the run.

mcseal2

WKR
I'm a huge stainless guy too. There are some cool lightweight titanium bottle options out there that I've been eyeing up, but they are $$$$.. (ie Snow Peak Aurora)

I had the silverant bottle from that list. In AK I was packing out a caribou and had the strap of my Exo across the bottle. Twice on that pack-out I had the lid come loose, apparently from the bottle flexing under all that pressure. It doesn't happen with normal loads, but it's something I thought was worth sharing.

I have a self reliance outfitters bottle I bought to replace the silverant and have not had the same issue. It looks exactly like the boundless voyage bottle on your list, may be the same thing with a different label.

I like Vargo stuff, that one is light and sounds like it's strong as well.

dodido

FNG
I had the silverant bottle from that list. In AK I was packing out a caribou and had the strap of my Exo across the bottle. Twice on that pack-out I had the lid come loose, apparently from the bottle flexing under all that pressure. It doesn't happen with normal loads, but it's something I thought was worth sharing.

I have a self reliance outfitters bottle I bought to replace the silverant and have not had the same issue. It looks exactly like the boundless voyage bottle on your list, may be the same thing with a different label.

I like Vargo stuff, that one is light and sounds like it's strong as well.
Very likely it’s the same thing, various vendors on aliexpress sell the same bottle under various brand names, boundless voyage being one of them.

I'm a huge stainless guy too. There are some cool lightweight titanium bottle options out there that I've been eyeing up, but they are $$$$.. (ie Snow Peak Aurora)

I have been pretty much using the KleinCanteen brand. Not always the lightest but the hold up well. I am still trying to find one that I can put a top on that is like the one I have for Nalgene bottles. It fits oner the wide mouth but has a smaller opening for drinking from.

Matt Vincent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
We have. Use a tougher than normal milk bottle that weights under 2 oz and is kind of square so its less likely to roll away. We find the milk bottle size lid convenient for drinking, filling and adding mixes to. No stress if it ever gets lost either. Second choice from what I've seen so far is the lighter nalgene.

Pack

FNG
We use 20 oz Gatorade bottles
Can't stress enough how durable Gatorade bottles are. You essentially get the same capacity as a USGI canteen for a fraction of the weight and while not as durable, when's the last time you saw someone bust open a Gatorade bottle?

It's a real shame they no longer make the 1qt bottles thanks to cuts to rising inflation costs. I now horde these bottles and rattle can them whenever I see them for sale. You can sometimes get lucky with the really wacky flavors like the "Limon Pepino" at those discount grocery outlets.

Right behind Smartwater bottles, these are my go to.

timstl

FNG
I still find myself grabbing the Nalgenes more often than everything else. I use stainless Klean Kanteens fairly often, but never when weight is a concern.