Who else is ready?

MHWASH

WKR
We're getting ready here too. This will be my youngest boys first backcountry hunt. He's first priority since he hasn't shot a bear yet. Then my oldest son will be the shooter, he has as many bears as me so I won't feel too bad if he doesn't get one. Luckily for me I have lots of PTO, so I'll have lots of time.

We're getting ready here too. This will be my youngest boys first backcountry hunt. He's first priority since he hasn't shot a bear yet. Then my oldest son will be the shooter, he has as many bears as me so I won't feel too bad if he doesn't get one. Luckily for me I have lots of PTO, so I'll have lots of time.
How old is your youngest boy? I'm thinking about taking mine, but they seem a little young.

MHWASH

WKR
How old is your youngest boy? I'm thinking about taking mine, but they seem a little young.
17 Lol! My boys have been hunting with me since they were 4. I shot my biggest whitetail while giving my oldest a piggy back ride back to the pickup because he could walk no further. It was the last day and I pushed him hard.
If you're thinking about a backpack hunt, that would be up to each individual kid based on mental and physical strength.

Just received my tooth age card back for my 2022 fall bear (13 yrs. old). Got lucky and drew Spring tag again this year. It's great to get out and get my spring bear and turkeys and know that my fall bear is right around the corner :).
2022 Fall Bear Age Card (edited).jpg
OR Fall Bear 2022 (recropped 2).jpg

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
Wow Oregon is quick with the tooth report. I was told by Idaho I wouldn’t know for 1.5 - 3 years as they send to a lab in Montana that is way over loaded

Funny, I never noticed the harvest date they wrote until you mentioned turn around time. That's my spring bear not the one pictured above.
That would be this old bald faced guy.
2022 OR Spring Bear.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Oregon is quick with the tooth report. I was told by Idaho I wouldn’t know for 1.5 - 3 years as they send to a lab in Montana that is way over loaded
Thanks, I fixed it above. Your post made me look at the date. Realizing the mistake :).
Looking forward to seeing how old the Fall bear was now!

17 Lol! My boys have been hunting with me since they were 4. I shot my biggest whitetail while giving my oldest a piggy back ride back to the pickup because he could walk no further. It was the last day and I pushed him hard.
If you're thinking about a backpack hunt, that would be up to each individual kid based on mental and physical strength.
My boys have been on numerous hunts but never a Backcountry hunt. They are only eight.

crgchck

Lil-Rokslider
My boys have been on numerous hunts but never a Backcountry hunt. They are only eight.
I too have been hunting with my boys since they were 5-6… had them climbing on their own at 7-8… I love to see others with youngsters in the woods.. below pic of one of my boys at 17 with his first bear.. his first outing was at age 4 we shot a small doe walked up on it and he says“daddy that ain’t no deer”
me “yes sir it is”
him “no”
me “well what do you think it is?”
Him, ”wook at his white belly… dats a highotie or somethin”
me while laughing, “nah baby that’s a deer”
him, “well where’s its horns?”
Like he was born to hunt and talk shit708EB7DC-847A-4D0E-8D5B-091851883D10.jpeg

Last edited:

Turkeyfreak12

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t wait to get out. The time the season opens is when I’ll be ready post shoulder surgery so should be a fun time. Definitely need the mental recovery after being cooped up long enough.