Who else is ready?

Warmsy

WKR
I've been playing hide and seek with my neighborhood bears for years now. Ive been going out for a couple hours most days after work looking for sign. I really really want to get one with my recurve this year.

4 more months ..

Seriously though I live in MT and winter just won't let go. We get 2 days of 45 and sunny then 2 days of snow pretty lame. Backcountry is still snowed in only bears out so far are in town or the wrong flavor (spicy g bear variety). A little over 3 weeks out and I've still gotta wear my damn snow shoes to leave a county road c'mon man.

jhm2023

WKR
I'm always ready for bear season. My only real goal is to do my best to make sure my 7 year old daughter has a chance at taking a bear and for my wife and I to tag out with 3 bears each. Bear is one of our favorites to eat. We also moose hunt in the same area that we bear hunt, so killing that many helps the moose too.

I am going to meet up with a buddy and try spring bear in Idaho this year. Due to my schedule I will only be able to hunt in April and there is still a ton of snow up there, so this should be interesting.

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like it will be a slow spring in saskatchewan this year. Forecast doesn't look to be above freezing in the next 2 weeks. Season starts 04/15 but I'm thinking snow will be in the bush until mid may.

rayporter

WKR
dont let him get deep in the bush.
oNgnNDe.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
After a 37 year hiatus, I'm going to try and get out for a few hunts this Spring. My long hiatus was due to shooting a really big (chocolate) bear (big for Montana anyways) with a handgun- a four year endeavor that finally came together.

I'm going to keep the bar set high, so likely just a lot of walking my rifle :D

collinjet

FNG
Have my first western hunt coming up. DIY solo Idaho bear the last week of May first week of June. My goal is to see a few bear but ideally would love to harvest my first. Please share any tips that would help me along the way!

gerry35

WKR
Getting ready here, going to get out and practice more of course. Opens April 1st but doesn't get good until May. Not a ton of snow down low but it was cold until recently so everything is still snowed in. Last few days have started to warm up which is nice

I cannot wait, it pretty much is consuming my thoughts right now. If this dang winter would let up. Planning on going the first week of may. Would love to hear if anybody is seeing sign or bears. Keep the thread updated if you don't mind.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Good to see all my buddies in this post. Hope you all are doing well. =)

Last year my goal was a mature boar that was all black. Stuck to my guns and passed on two monster color phase bears and ate my tag.

I'll keep the same goal for this year and will see how disciplined I am.