Who else is ready?

wyosteve

WKR
Have an Alaska brown bear hunt in just over 2 months. Like others, been waiting for winter to end so I can sight in the rifle with the different scope I put on.

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
Can't wait but seems that winter has other plans here. Wife and I picked a unit that should be more accessible, at least by foot, once the season opens. We've had a big winter and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. One positive aspect of the long winter is it finally convinced my wife we needed a stove for our new Argali Absaroka. Can't wait to glass/nap/drink coffee and repeat

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Last year my goal was a mature boar that was all black. Stuck to my guns and passed on two monster color phase bears and ate my tag.

I'll keep the same goal for this year and will see how disciplined I am.
Let me know if you need someone to come thin those monster color phase bears out to make room for more blackies 😂

gerry35

WKR
Haha I was thinking the same, we have probably 90% black compared to maybe 5% brown phase here. The remaining roughly 5% are the white/orange Kermode bear that is closed to hunting. Down in the Southern Interior of BC where we are looking to relocate to has more brown color phase bears than here.

gerry35

WKR
Gonna be a slow start here in N. Idaho.

I’ve been fortunate and shot a lot of bear. Shot my dream Idaho bear last year a red color phase bear measuring 7’2’ with a 20+ inch skull, going to be hard to beat. But I am willing to give it a shot.

Wow that is a giant, if you ever top that bear it would be amazing.

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
With snow on the ground and no green shoots the MT season could get off to a slow start. Turkey hunting should be good waiting for the bears to start feeding.

Alpineelk

Lil-Rokslider
Gonna be a slow start here in N. Idaho.

I’ve been fortunate and shot a lot of bear. Shot my dream Idaho bear last year a red color phase bear measuring 7’2’ with a 20+ inch skull, going to be hard to beat. But I am willing to give it a shot.
That's a monster for Idaho. Congrats. And red u can't beat that

Finally have a job that gives out plenty of PTO ready to cut my teeth and start hunting. Spring bear and turkey are first up. Ultimately, I would just be happy to locate either one if I can get a shot of and harvest one that would be even better.

I have two DIY bear hunts planned this year, winter is flying by, not not fast enough.

Goals, one over 20”, the other P&Y 18+

You?
My wife has a tag, I don’t, so at least she’s the one with the tag… goal is just a solid boar, it will be her first, so it’s going to be a good time. I love spring bear hunting, and my scenario is cool because my least favorite part of bear hunting is shooting a bear, I am very good at making excuses when it’s time to shoot, she doesn’t share my feelings there, and I love bear meat… win win this year