Who else is a Tikka convert?

Gila

WKR
I tried the screw on vertical grip and fore end. Hunting with gloves didn’t make the grade. Fore end has holes where mud and snow accumulates. Took that stuff off. Glad others like em though because I will sell them. I think the factory stocks are good stocks, in fact I bought an ember stock just for my last build. The accuracy on that rifle was incredible. I have a 30mm tube on that scope with low rings and could achieve good cheek weld without a riser. However on another Tikka action, I have a pic rail and a scope with a 34mm tube. With the factory stock I needed some sort of cheek riser which I don’t care to add to a hunting stock. I have replaced all of the factory stocks with a high comb stock on all of my rifles now.

Wacko

Lil-Rokslider
Damn man, sounds like you've been through the wringer! Hope everything continues progressing in a positive direction with your recovery.

What ammo are you running through your 6.5 creed?
Torque action screws to 50-60in/lb with blue loctite, and shoot a 10 shot group. The "getting it to shoot at different torque setting" is usually based on small sample size, and a misunderstanding of the rifles cone. If you still want to sell them I have a local FFL you can ship to and we can talk more seriously in a DM.
@Slowshot18 ...6.5 creed...Horn 147 eld-m, federal 140 fusion, winchester 140 match....

I'm above ground, upright, and mobile....I'm doing better than I should be.

@Harvey_NW...I always shoot 10 round groups for zero...I originally got them to shoot the first time by changing nothing but the torque on the action screws - 65 in/lbs.....now 65 in/lbs does nothing but shoot poorly. Glad you feel I don't know what I'm doing. Admittedly I do swim on the shallow end of the pool. Also all degreased, loctite, and torqued....had to use heat to get the sportsmatch rings off. SWFA scopes....

Sorry if this is derailing the thread....not trying to bash the "favorite" but out of the box hummers they all are not. Plenty of threads on check this, check that, try this, try that with a tikka......

OP
S
@Slowshot18 ...6.5 creed...Horn 147 eld-m, federal 140 fusion, winchester 140 match....

@Harvey_NW...I always shoot 10 round groups for zero...I originally got them to shoot the first time by changing nothing but the torque on the action screws - 65 in/lbs.....now 65 in/lbs does nothing but shoot poorly. Glad you feel I don't know what I'm doing. Admittedly I do swim on the shallow end of the pool. Also all degreased, loctite, and torqued....had to use heat to get the sportsmatch rings off. SWFA scopes....

Sorry if this is derailing the thread....not trying to bash the "favorite" but out of the box hummers they all are not. Plenty of threads on check this, check that, try this, try that with a tikka......
Duds are possible from any manufacturer. The good thing with most Tikkas is their price
if they’re a dud. With you having the number of tikkas that you do and all of them being finicky are low but at the end of the day it is possible. At least it’s tikka dollars and not more expensive rifles.
I had a proof 28 nosler barrel for a stiller made up. Was accurate but would pressure out before realizing advertised 28 nosler velocities with the barrel length I had. Spent a whole lot of money on it but at the end of the day I had a hotrod that was governed to 7rem mag speeds. Also had a proof 6.5 creedmoor prefit that would also pressure out very early too. Lots of people like proofs but I have a hard time going down that route again with the money it costs. The tikkas are relatively slow but I can buy a whole rifle for the costs of a proof barrel.

Have you tried the hornady 140 Eldm ammo out of your 6.5 yet? I’ve personally shot 3 ruger americans, browning a bolt, a tikka, and 2 proof prefits that have all shot between good and really good with that ammo. Might be worth one last Hail Mary before you divorce your tikka.

Gila

WKR
Sako and Tikka barrels are the same….cold hammer forged and guaranteed to shoot MOA out of the box. Not very many production riles have that quality of barrel. Shouldn’t need to mention Finnish stainless steel is the best in the world. Sako and Tikka are well known for their quality rifles. The probability that you will buy a “dud” is very low. Lower than most other factory rifles. But a Tikka is guaranteed to shoot well anyway. Most likely the problems are with the re-assembly, the scope mounting or the shooter.

Blueman75

FNG
Just picked up a Cabelas special Tikka T3x Lite D-18 in .243 Win. Gun was on sale for $949 and between other discounts, gift cards, my Cabelas points and a $75 rebate I ended up getting the rifle for $245 out of my pocket….seems like a good deal to me.

Harvey_NW

WKR

Glad you're making progress health wise and definitely don't feel you don't know what you're doing, just simply suggested a method of troubleshooting that will typically alleviate the issues you seem to be experiencing. If you did that process initially and it shot acceptable, it leads me to believe it might not be a mechanical issue with the rifle system, but possibly an issue with the physical troubles you're experiencing. Regardless, I hope you continue to heal up, and are able to solve the shooting issues. But if you don't get it sorted out, I'd still be interested in buying if you decide to offload.

My first Tikka and 150% not my last. 20” 6.5creed CTR with a beavertail, vertical grip, and a YoDave spring. When I purchased this I planned on immediately buying a bravo for it but after actually handling and shooting it, I don’t think I will. I relieved the barrel channel a decent amount and I will probably swap the factory recoil pad for an airtech and call it done.

Attachments

• 062D6875-CE70-4934-A21A-A5CEDC723208.jpeg
    062D6875-CE70-4934-A21A-A5CEDC723208.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 69

OutdoorAg

WKR
My first Tikka and 150% not my last. 20” 6.5creed CTR with a beavertail, vertical grip, and a YoDave spring. When I purchased this I planned on immediately buying a bravo for it but after actually handling and shooting it, I don’t think I will. I relieved the barrel channel a decent amount and I will probably swap the factory recoil pad for an airtech and call it done.
CTR barrels are incredibly good.

My 6.5CM CTR shoots the same. It now sits in an EHT with the T3 bottom metal/mags, with the barrel cut to 18". Shot suppressed with a TBAC U7 and groups like you showed. Fantastic shooter

Jktx0710

FNG
never been much of a brand loyalist, just really like whatever works. Figured out the Tikkas all work very well! Proud owner of 3 of them and they all shoot lights out.

03mossy

WKR
I’m fully on the Tikka bandwagon now. Have had Rems, Savages, Weatherby, and Bergara. Bought my son a Tikka Compact 7-08 and myself a Veil Wideland this spring. Sunday I shot the smallest group of my life with mine testing hand loads. Very impressed.

With the confidence I now have in this gun from all the range time and the dialed in hand loads I had 100% confidence when this guy stepped out.

Attachments

• IMG_7527.jpeg
    IMG_7527.jpeg
    850.9 KB · Views: 46
I've had a Tikka in my stable since about 2008 with my current favorite being a T3 Hunter in 6.5x55 Swede. Best hunting rifle anyone could ask for. I seriously regret getting rid of a 223 with 1-8 twist. It was lethal on coyotes and prairie dogs to 700 when I lived in Colorado where my buddy still puts it to good use.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Tikka convert here. Probably 5 years ago, had several buddies ask me what rifle to buy as they were getting into hunting. I had owned or currently owned, brownings, Remingtons, savage, rugers, and had heard of tikkas. Tikkas were by and far the best bang for the buck so I recommend them. They got them. I shot them. Was super impressed picked up my first tikka 3 years ago. Now I own 3, and 1 sako. Current hunting rifles are CA’s or tikkas, and for the value and fit and finish and accuracy my tikka’s beat the pants of my CA’s. My CA’s are just stupid light and equally accurate.

FLS

WKR
I’ve got some really nice 700 based customs, I’ll never get rid of. That said,
I bought a .223 CTR a couple of years ago. Most accurate factory rifle I’ve ever shot. A 308 Roughtek, followed me home yesterday. If it turns out to be as accurate, I may become a fanboy.

Been a Tikka fan for a while.. Currently own 595 Continental in 22/250, 695 in 270win, T3 stainless 270 win, T3 Stainless 30/06, T1X 22lr, T3x stainless superlite 7/08rem, T3x stainless superlite 243 win, T3x stainless lite 22/250, T3x stainless lite 300wsm, T3x stainless lite 6.5cm, T3X superlite stainless 6.5cm, T3X CTR stainless 6.5cm, T3X blued CTR 6.5cm, T3X Roughtech 6.5PRC, T3X Roughtech Ember 6.5 PRC, T3X Veil 300wm... I've pretty much moved to Tikkas for shooting and pre-64 70's for not shooting. Great out of the box accuracy and very reliable...

D R T

FNG
Over the past few months I have thinned the heard of my R700 clone based customs and accessories for Tikkas. I've seen some of the threads here on RS, but never really gave them much attention. Earlier this year a good friend of mine, who like me, has had a plethora of R700 clone customs picked up a Tikka 17hmr as a plinking gun for his kids to use around the house. He sighted it in then shot some small groups and was blown away. Told me about it, so naturally I had to try one too.

Picked up a t3x in 6.5cm, and it hammers with factory hornady ammo. I figured out I could add a $10 trigger spring and have a trigger that is just as good or better than a $200 triggertech or timney, free float the stock and add a vertical grip, an arca/pic rail, and bam, a lightweight stock that functions extremely well.

Earlier this year I owned carbon or steel prefits for bighorn origins in 300 sherman mag, 6.5 PRC, 6cm, and 223 with AG comp, mcmillan, XLR, KRG stocks/chassis (I've also owned 28 nosler, 300 wm, and 6.5cm barrels but those have been gone for a while). The only one that I still own is the 6.5 prc carbon barrel and 1 origin action.

I'm now the proud owner of three tikkas, and for the money, out of the box accuracy, alleged reliability of the trigger system, and my intended use of primarily hunting and LR plinking, they're hard to beat.

How many others have a similar story? I know I can't be the only one out there.

6.5 cm T3X lite with ATACR 4-16 MilR, cut and threaded to 18" with DIY Krylon camo:
I’m in the process of converting as we speak. I was wanting to rebarrel my SA Origin to 65 prc. Now it wasn’t just a plain barrel and bolt face change so there were some added costs; fluting, muzzle threads, cerakoting…
After quotes on making that conversion, I bit the bullet and went Tkka instead. Actually 2x tikkas for what the Origin conversion was going to cost with some left over. My ffl is receiving a 223 and 65 prc on Monday. Eurooptic was discounting and I couldn‘t pass it up. The 223 for everything under sun thread on here sealed that deal and the longer action of the Tikka opens up a lot of opportunities for the prc that my Origin just could never do. The lite stainless 223 will eventually get sawed down to probably 18“-20”. The prc is last years Ember stainless, fluted, thread/brake. It’ll “probably” be left as is for a while, but maybe not. I want shorter and will eventually cut it down at the flutes leaving just enough barrel to thread before getting to the flutes.
I’m sure other rifles will be coming up sale from the safe as I embrace the Tikka’s.
I can‘t wait to get my hands on these and head to the range.

TheTone

WKR
Picking up my first tikka in the next month, 6.5 prc roughtech. Really excited about it. All my friends with tikka’s love them. I’ll probably leave it stock for a while but planning to put a different stock on it eventually and maybe a barrel

tomt53

FNG
223 Varmint
243 win T3
243 win T3x 1:8 twist
22-250 1:8 twist
6.5 CM Super Varmint
308 win Basspro
7mm RM Veil Wideland