Who can ask for your proof of suppressor ownership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbutcher1234

Lil-Rokslider
You can assume whatever you want- if you read anything I have written on here you would know that I don’t engage with fallacies.

Simply that “changing” because you have kids means that it wasn’t real to begin with, and using them as a scapegoat is just that- an excuse.

Then I would say (with no malice) that you know very weak people. Literally no one in my life changed or changes with their children around- point in fact most double down on “do the right thing” in their own actions- some spectacularly so.

Allowing a bully (in this case a warrant less search) to happen because of the fragility of your children, just means they will be fragile. Children don’t need absolute protection from every inconvenience or stressor- they need role models.

You know nothing about me. I have done a lot more than say “no” to a warrantless search of a suppressor with children holding my hand. A child that is so fragile that they can’t see dad/mom/uncle/aunt stand up for what’s lawful or correct, is a child that will have lots of issues with the rest of their life.

It’s only an argument if you make it one- I asked questions because I was curious about your thought process and response. You didn’t engage on your thought process part, but you did on the response part. Thank you.
I was typing up a response that said a lot of similar things. Instead of being duplicative, I will simply say thank you for beating me to it.

seand

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t expect it will ever actually come up, getting asked to show my documents.

I do think it may vary state by state. Not a lawyer, but in Oregon it’s an “affirmative defense” deal. So against state law unless you can show proof you have it registered.

(3)​

A peace officer may not arrest or charge a person for violating subsection (1) of this section if the person has in the person’s immediate possession documentation showing that the machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer is registered as required under federal law.

TxLite

WKR
So I was told by guys at Mile high shooting. They said only ATF agent and IRS agents can demand to see proof.

He said game wardens and other LEOs can’t demand it. Dont have to show them.

If asked I would show my proof. But this is just what I was told.
This was my understanding. But LEO can hold you until ATF shows up to review your docs.

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
If an officer asks to search my truck without a warrant, the answer is no. If anyone except ATF or IRS ask to see documentation for a suppressor, the answer would be “I have all documents in order, but am only required to show them to the federal officers.” If they want to waste my time when they don’t have the authority, I’ll waste theirs.

Time for Americans to stand up,if you did some stupid shit and the officer has a real reason you should show him because of your stupid decisions.
If you didn’t and he’s just grilling you or being a dick than tell him no,go get a warrant.Try and hit record or just stop the conversation and tell him you are going to record him while he records you.
Be nice and tell him to gfh as nice as possible.
Quit letting government do what they want when they want.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Weak men create hard times.

Seeing that personal attacks are being allowed. I have a similar phrase my dad used to tell me. Dipshits be dipshits. It took me quite a few years to figure it out but it’s my favorite saying now. I think it applies to more than one person here.

Status
Not open for further replies.