Who ate the most tags last year?

sndmn11

WKR
All in CO, I have never hunted out of state. I went 1 for 7.
Unsuccessful:
-(2) List C Deer tags
-List A Deer tag
-List A Elk
-List B Elk
-List B Bear

Successful
-List A Pronghorn

tuffcity

WKR
Didn't cut any of my tags last year. So negative on sheep, caribou, moose, black bear, grizzly and bison. Oh well, $65 to play. But I did get to hunt with my daughter and help her tag her first Dall ram so the rest is whatever.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
That is what I have done for the majority of the last 10 years. I filled a few here and there but I really enjoy helping family and friends these days.
I'd rather spend my season in a good draw unit with others, than some OTC unit solo. Killing is only part of the fun, I enjoy the bull interactions and many quality encounters more.

Azone

WKR
2nd deer tag in CA
4th season deer tag in CO
Got picky with both and as a result I have plenty of space in my freezer.

I ate 2 on my trip to MT.

Deer (big game combo)
Black bear

Didn't buy an Iowa whitetail tag for the first time in 24 years. After being gone for 2 weeks in MT in Sep, I decided not to get an archery tag. Then I decided I wanted to spend as much time with my girls as possible during the gun seasons.

I plan to get an archery tag this year and if my daughter draws WY youth elk, and is successful, I'll probably eat my archery tag again and just get my youngest her whitetail tag.

Fatcamp

WKR
Mule deer archery
Whitetail rifle
Cow elk rifle
Paddlefish snagging

On a positive note, I killed my first gobbler, caught my biggest downstream paddlefish, and killed my biggest mule deer. Great year.

Laramie

WKR
YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME?????

You probably are so I guess that's ok!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Not at all and I'm probably not lol. I am more than happy to shoot cows, spikes, and rags and don't typically buy other species tags unless we really want the meat. Basically saying I don't pass up many legal animals unless I draw something special.

RMM

WKR
I ate two doe tags in PA, a buck tag in WV and a turkey tag in PA. It was a tough year for turkeys but I got my fiance her first bird and called one in for my dad that he promptly missed. I did however kill my biggest turkey ever in WV on public and I'll probably never kill another that big. Scored as the #8 typical bird in WV ever according to NWTF score website.

Huntin_GI

WKR
I ate all three of my mule deer tags
If you are eating deer tags, that was you being picky lol. We all know you could kill A mule deer in 2 days on the mountain. Hell, you've wrote books about it and have forgotten more than most of us know about hunting mule deer.

For me
1 Bear tag
1 PLO elk tag

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If you are eating deer tags, that was you being picky lol. We all know you could kill A mule deer in 2 days on the mountain. Hell, you've wrote books about it and have forgotten more than most of us know about hunting mule deer.

For me
1 Bear tag
1 PLO elk tag
Hahahaha, ya our freezer was still in great shape as my son killed an elk last year and we tagged three bucks years prior. Might not be so picky this year.

mi650

WKR
For the 1st time in recent memory, none!! I only bought 2 deer tags here in MI, and filled them both. I didn't buy any doe tags, though. I usually get 2 of those, and most years don't shoot a doe.

Like2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Didn’t fill my general buck tag, 3 turkey tags, swan tag or late season cow elk this year. I was too picky and passed 10 bucks with my deer tag, the turkeys and elk weren’t down on the farm this year cause of no snow, so I didn’t have a chance on those (private land only tags). The limit for swans was filled before I could get out, but I was able to fill 3 deer tags, shoot some pheasants and chuckar, and help out a bunch of people so it all worked out in the end.

In my home state i left 4 whitetail tags Unfilled. Not for lack of deer. I could kill 6, but 2-3 is plenty. Didn’t fill my bear tag either, but I don’t bear hunt, that’s an opportunistic tag only for me. All my tags in my home state are free (lifetime hunting license as a child) so no big deal.

Out of state, didn’t fill my Colorado cow elk tag. Didn’t even hunt. Filled my mule deer tag and decided that the hoards of hunters in the flattops wasn’t worth a cow elk so I went home.