Which would YOU choose and WHY?

SAUMan

FNG
So I have about $1600 available and am looking at rifles at that price point that appeal to me. I would prefer something I don't already have, BUT would grab whatever if it gave me the warm and fuzzies.

Narrowed it down to two. The names are both American icons, but they ain't Granddaddy's models. One is traditionally styled with several modern upgrades and available in many iconic chamberings, as well as several new, more cutting-edge chamberings.

The other is only available in iconic chamberings, but some with a "twist." It uses an old, tried-and-true action design (as does the first) with several - no, ALL other pieces very modern and as highly upgraded as the first option, if not a little moreso.

Prices for both start over the $1600 mark by just a few dollars, but can be had temporarily on sales for between $1500 and $1600 excluding shipping/tax/transfer, etc. The both WEIGH about the same, with option 2 being PERHAPS a quarter pound lighter.

Option 1 is more stylish with nice walnut furniture, while the other has very modern space-aged furniture. Both have the potentiguns al to be tack drivers. Both have the potential to be busts and give best groups significantly over MOA. Both are factory guns (obviously, at this price point).

Choice 1 is the Weatherby 307 Adventure and Choice 2 is the Remington 700 Alpha 1.

They have essentially the same action with fluted bolts and 90-degree throw. The Remington utilizes 8x40 screws for scope base mounting, not sure on the Wby. The Remington has a barrel heavy enough to allow threading the muzzle 5/8x24, and shorter, but a heavier contour than the Weatherby. The Remington has an AG Composites carbon fiber stock and capped muzzle thread saver. The 307 has beautiful walnut I grew up with and a brake already affixed. The Remington comes with a 3lb Timney trigger. Weatherby has a factory trigger, as far as I know, with may or may not be a plus. The Remington has a heavier profile barrel that is fluted to save weight and expedite cooling should the need arise. It is cut off to 22". Neither comes with any stellar accuracy guarantees.

Remington SAYS their tolerances have improved so that you can order shouldered pre-fits for home installation. Everybody says, "Yeah, RIGHT!! PROVE it!!" Weatherby makes no such claim, but offers a "blueprinted" action on the next higher model up (but not this one - the next breaks the $2000-price point).

In order to keep me under the $1600 threshold (including applicable taxes, shipping, and transfer costs), there are only 3 available chamberings available between the 2 choices. One of those choices is a no-go for me. That leaves each model with 1 viable choice for deer hunting out to 500 yards to keep me within my budget.

Setting aside what the cartridges are for each, which model/brand would you choose and why?