Which state has the worst fish and game interface?

AZ will get there. The idea of a digital shopping cart with multiple items in one transaction is a relatively new concept. I wouldn’t except a game and fish department to have access to such cutting edge tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The tech for their online programming is subbed out. If they’ve got the funds to hire one, and they do, it’s ridiculous that any state would end up with the crap many have.

OP
WRO

WRO

WKR
Anyone saying AZ is worse than Idaho confuses me greatly. Idaho has become the worst of the worst and it’s not even close.

I do both states, at least I only have to login once in Idaho and pay once.

nobody

WKR
Utah's is by far easiest, I think. Love that it throws a flag before you put in because you haven't purchased the qualifying license, and then immediately gives you the options for the qualifying license. No guesswork as to what is classified as "qualifying."

If Colorado did the same thing and gave you step-by-step prompts, it would be right up there. I love their hunt code system in many ways, just wish they could dumb it down a bit.

Montana is garbage. I tried once a few years ago to start playing their game (in-laws live up there), and after like an hour trying to wade through their crap, I got pissed and closed it down.

Wyoming is pretty bad too.

No experience with Arizona.

But if I'm being totally honest, they all kinda suck. Wishful thinking, but if only there was somewhere like an Amazon for hunting applications. You just scroll through, add what you want, and check out all at once. It would make things so much easier. Add pictures and color code everything and just click where you want to hunt and when and it'll auto-populate your options. Somebody smarter than me, can you get on that? Please and thank you

cmahoney

WKR
Utah's is by far easiest, I think. Love that it throws a flag before you put in because you haven't purchased the qualifying license, and then immediately gives you the options for the qualifying license. No guesswork as to what is classified as "qualifying."

If Colorado did the same thing and gave you step-by-step prompts, it would be right up there. I love their hunt code system in many ways, just wish they could dumb it down a bit.

Montana is garbage. I tried once a few years ago to start playing their game (in-laws live up there), and after like an hour trying to wade through their crap, I got pissed and closed it down.

Wyoming is pretty bad too.

No experience with Arizona.

But if I'm being totally honest, they all kinda suck. Wishful thinking, but if only there was somewhere like an Amazon for hunting applications. You just scroll through, add what you want, and check out all at once. It would make things so much easier. Add pictures and color code everything and just click where you want to hunt and when and it'll auto-populate your options. Somebody smarter than me, can you get on that? Please and thank you

Have you ever applied in NV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
OR is worse than any others I use, it's a convoluted series of steps needed to get the end result. It was way easier when they did it in house. AZ is tedious but works fine for me. WY can be intimidating but needs the multiple drop downs because of their unique ability to apply for 2 licenses, different types, and in different areas.

I think my home state of MN is worse than AZ when it comes to applying for draws because they cant even tell you when the fookin draws will be open. its pathetic. They don't have to worry much about NR wanting to hunt here though..

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
Late to the party and haven't used the other states mentioned but have to say South Dakota's system sucks!

I'm convinced they do not want your business. So maybe it actually works as designed.. What a train wreck!
(Mojave - you are spot on my friend)

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
Hawaii is pretty bad. Most of the time the Maui dlnr doesn’t even know what units are open. The only way I found out anything was by personally calling the wildlife biologist. They open and close units regularly but never update any of the public information. They keep landlocked hunting areas open but inaccessible. Learning to hunt here was a pain in the ass.

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
Wyoming, because it allows users to buy products that are of absolutely zero value. And does not warn the user that they have zero chance of drawing what they are paying for.

dsotm

Lil-Rokslider
AZ's whole website is bad and seems to get worse every time they update it

KurtR

WKR
Late to the party and haven't used the other states mentioned but have to say South Dakota's system sucks!

I'm convinced they do not want your business. So maybe it actually works as designed.. What a train wreck!
(Mojave - you are spot on my friend)
I’m interested what’s hard about it. Deer units are by county you apply the same time every year and it’s either any deer, any whitetail or antler less. Seasons are the same dates every year.

WCB

WKR
I must be odd man out because MT is easy to use. In general basically all of them suck to find information on.
But buying a license or applying MT takes 5 minutes. WY, MT, SD, ND all pretty easy
I’m interested what’s hard about it. Deer units are by county you apply the same time every year and it’s either any deer, any whitetail or antler less. Seasons are the same dates every year.
Yeah by far one of the easiest to use. They literally tell you like you said "Any Deer"...You have to figure out zero codes like other states. Very few units to look through. Buying a point is as easy as opening the list of points available for purchase and adding each one to your cart...then buy. The profile page is easy and simple.