Which smith to chamber a barrel in 6 PRC?

WKR

WKR
A few of us have had really bad experiences lately at UM, so I'd give them some time to get quality back in check. Great guys but they've been spread real thin with new staff training up.

My first suggestion is to look locally. A good one will source a reamer that meets your needs. Being able to shake a guys hand and hand him your rifle goes a long way in my book.

Where are you located?
Can you explain more on the bad experiences?
Are you talking bad gunsmithing or just lead time issues?

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Can you explain more on the bad experiences?
Are you talking bad gunsmithing or just lead time issues?

Some of it has been posted. They're working on turning it around. Looks like OP got what he needs...

OP
Schmo

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
@swavescatter ,

I have the same question. Have people been having bad experiences with the actual gunsmithing, or just order orders? If I have a barrel chambered, I want the chamber to be +P. DE and UM are the two that I know that do it.

There litterly has been absolutely no better time to to get a suppressor.

I absolutely would start by funneling all effort and funds to a suppressor before all else.

Once you know you know.

OP
Schmo

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
There litterly has been absolutely no better time to to get a suppressor.

I absolutely would start by funneling all effort and funds to a suppressor before all else.

Once you know you know.
I agree, and I’ve shot suppressors enough to know I want one.

Not to get political, but being right against the most important election in our history, and with one candidate saying if they’re elected they will come into our locked homes to see if we’re being responsible with our guns, I don’t want to add my name and info to a suppressor list right now.

I agree, and I’ve shot suppressors enough to know I want one.

Not to get political, but being right against the most important election in our history, and with one candidate saying if they’re elected they will come into our locked homes to see if we’re being responsible with our guns, I don’t want to add my name and info to a suppressor list right now.
You have admitted to the internet that you looked at a gun once.
If they want you they already got you.
If you don't think they can pull whatever list they want whenever they want.

OP
Schmo

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
I know I know. Probably not a valid point, just hard mentally to take that step right now

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
@swavescatter ,

I have the same question. Have people been having bad experiences with the actual gunsmithing, or just order orders? If I have a barrel chambered, I want the chamber to be +P. DE and UM are the two that I know that do it.

I will say that UM worked with me and we came up with a solution. They're doing that for others as well.

Give them a shot - they announced a revamp to their QC process to address QC issues.

Axlrod

WKR
@swavescatter ,

I recently had UM build a rifle. Nothing but good here. Communication, build quality, and lead time were all stellar.

amassi

WKR
If you’re looking for a prefit barrel, I know that preferred barrels is chambering 6 prc. I’m planning on building one also and this is the direction I’m leaning. Although, I have zero experience with preferred, I haven’t heard a lot of negative feedback about them.

Their 6 prc reamer also has a .130 freebore. You might want a longer freebore for the 108 and send up a dummy round.
I have quite a few preferred barrel tikka prefits and they have all shot great and for the price cannot be beat.
223 ai, 22 cm, 6 cm, 6 prc, 6.5 prc and have all shot great.
Their stainless steel brushed finish is a near perfect tikka match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk