Which sitka jacket do I need?

kyguylal

FNG
Hi everyone,

I am wondering which jacket outer layer I need.

I'm hunting northern New England and looking to figure out my late season gear.

Snow, light wind, dry, hunting deer from the ground with a muzzleloader and from a saddle with a crossbow.

I have my lower body covered. Upper body, I have heavy weight base layer, light packable down jacket, traverse cold weather hoody.

Do I need an insulated outer layer or am I looking for a non insulated outer layer shell?

20-35 degrees. Mainly only sit for a few hours at most.

Bowtie747

FNG
Fanatic it is. Mainly sound like you need a wind breaker to lock your heat in too. Not sure if the traverse is windproof.

SloppyJ

WKR
Fanatic or Stratus. I think you could pull it off with the stratus and the puffy.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
Fanatic and you won't need the puffy. I'm in PA and use the exact same configuration with the Fanatic. Heavy merino LS the cold weather hoody and the Fanatic. Easily go below zero and tolerate wind just fine. Less layers and great comfort. If you were married to the puffy then get the Stratus for wind layer but 99% answer is go with the Fanatic and leave the puffy at home.

TheHammer

WKR
I do everything with the jet stream. It’s so versatile. But only you will beable to determine what fits your needs best.

Ho5tile1

WKR
The fanatic is 100% wind proof. Used in 40mph winds once in Illinois and didn’t feel the wind at all it was also a balmy 15 degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrowl2282

FNG
The fanatic stuff (jacket or vest) make me smile the colder it gets. They're both simply wonderful pieces of gear