Which Sirui tripod?

I have settled on getting a Sirui tripod with a VA5 head but I am struggling to decide on which tripod. I have narrowed it down to the T-024sk and the ST-124 or 125. I do a fair amount of backpacking hunting and a lot of hiking. I glass almost always sitting down so height is not a concern, mainly stability. I will be running by binos most of the time but I do pack around my 85mm spotter to verify animals. Will the 024 be enough or should I get the bigger one? I just don't know if the extra lb. is worth it. Thanks for the help

i have the 024 and it's way tall enough for sitting and glassing. i often use it standing too, and i'm 6' even... it's not perfect for standing, but very doable when it makes sense.

for the money, the 024 with the VA-5 is a killer setup, really versatile, really stable for what it is, and is compact and light enough as well for always carrying. i'm in need of a second tripod (for my wife) and going to buy the same exact setup. i think it will be about perfect if you are glassing sitting down. the 024 is even pretty good standing with a spotter if the wind isn't blowing too hard.... i have been really happy with it

The main reasons to go with the ST series are if you need the extra height or using the tripod in wet areas as the twist locks are weatherproof and it has built in spikes under the rubber feet

bigbuckdj

WKR
I was looking at the 124/125 because I wanted a tripod that was more stable at full height. I ended up buying the slik 824 with a va-5. Cameraland had a crazy good deal at the time for that size tripod, might be worth calling them if you are looking for something beefier than the standard carbon backpacking tripods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to help. FYI, starting mid day today through the 22nd all Slik tripods are an extra 10% off the site, Sirui, Promaster and Peak Design are 15% off, no codes needed for Presidents weekend sale

j43097

FNG
i have the 024 and it's way tall enough for sitting and glassing. i often use it standing too, and i'm 6' even... it's not perfect for standing, but very doable when it makes sense.

for the money, the 024 with the VA-5 is a killer setup, really versatile, really stable for what it is, and is compact and light enough as well for always carrying. i'm in need of a second tripod (for my wife) and going to buy the same exact setup. i think it will be about perfect if you are glassing sitting down. the 024 is even pretty good standing with a spotter if the wind isn't blowing too hard.... i have been really happy with it
Ill second that. been very happy with mine i use a vortex viper 65 mm and it is very stable

Xprmntl

FNG

Attachments

• IMG_20221214_160500553~3.jpg
    IMG_20221214_160500553~3.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 37