Which scope as a new host for the THLR reticle?

OP
D

Dobermann

WKR
Most of us simply don’t want or need a 5-25 and much prefer the 3-12, 3-15 options. Simple as that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, get that. Me too. And even at 32.4 oz, the ZP5 3-15 would be more field-useable for the THLR reticle at the higher end than the 5-25.

If that's all that was out there, I'd take one too ...

However, we have multiple other possible hosts in the 24 oz range that have passed the drop - and I'd rather have the THLR reticle in one of those.

Yep, get that. Me too. And even at 32.4 oz, the ZP5 3-15 would be more field-useable for the THLR reticle at the higher end than the 5-25.

If that's all that was out there, I'd take one too ...

However, we have multiple other possible hosts in the 24 oz range that have passed the drop - and I'd rather have the THLR reticle in one of those.

Minox ZP5's are clubs and not what they seem to be at first glance.

The fact that Blaser group was willing to let them go at 50% off RRP (along with every other Minox product,if you bought a Mauser M18) speaks volumes.

Those Mausers are also an insult to the name!

freddyG

WKR
If you can find the Maven post, I'd love to see it - if the RS1.2 passes the drop test, that would likely be the best production option as a host for the THLR reticle for hunting.
I’ll look for it when I have more time. It might have been an insinuation, but nonetheless someone had gone through the effort of communication without a “no” answer.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Pretty sure @THLR had a custom ret put in a Leupold via Gunwerks, but Rokslide hates those two companies so 🤷‍♂️
I’d agree on the luepold front but I don’t think rokslide “hates” gunwerks - lots of compliments towards their designs. Some people take issue with the costs associated, which is normal regardless of the corner of internet.

So gwerks had a similar looking gen 1 reticle in luepolds. They actually have a gen II of the gunwerks custom reticle, which obviously took some influence (as did the first it looks like) from the THLR one. That’s in a revic product now. They had him over to do some hunting and use that new product on a recent video, which was great to see. But the revic product is a 5-25 gigantour scope, and most here are looking for much more scaled down zoom ranges. I’m surprised there hasn’t been a push to eval the revic’s durability - they are generally doing what we want, the question would be zero retention at this point.

OP
D

Dobermann

WKR
Minox ZP5's are clubs and not what they seem to be at first glance.
I think most here can relate to the first half of your sentence - some here see them in a similar weight / performance / use class as the ATACR.

But can you expand on the second part of this statement? Not sure what you mean here.