Which pants?

I'm wanting to buy a pair of the hunting pants that have the built in knee pad. Most of the time I will need to wear them underneath a brush and briar busting outer layer. Which pant would you think best suits this purpose? Thanks in advance!

manitou1

WKR
Look on Propper or other miltary, Law enforcement sight. I buy ATACS or OCP camo with built in knee pad pockets for my hunting. Lots of pockets too. Then again, been wearing some form of them or another for 33 yrs, so I am conditioned for them. 😁

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd look at kuiu so you could regulate heat with the hip vents while wearing the Burr chaps

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thanks for the tip. I should have mentioned I usually have a high temp problem much more than getting cold.

Jackson242

Lil-Rokslider
I just spent 9 days in the Kuiu Attack Pros. They are a little different material then the regular Attack and they have built in knee pads. The hip zip vents are a game changer I run hot all the time when moving. They fit a little more baggy in the legs then the regular attacks. When wearing gaiters with them I would get a little more fabric noise since they were bunched up but not too excessive. They proved to be very durable and I would recommend them.

Kuiu is good.

Sitka mountain or timberline pants could fit the bill.

First lite is making briar pants with a soft shell rear. Might be worth a look.

OP
B
I just spent 9 days in the Kuiu Attack Pros. They are a little different material then the regular Attack and they have built in knee pads. The hip zip vents are a game changer I run hot all the time when moving. They fit a little more baggy in the legs then the regular attacks. When wearing gaiters with them I would get a little more fabric noise since they were bunched up but not too excessive. They proved to be very durable and I would recommend them.

How thick/cush are the knee pads?

Jackson242

Lil-Rokslider
I’d say about 3/8”. Think enough to kneel on rocks without issue and thin/flexible enough to not notice they are there. Besides the jokes you catch for being the only guy with knee pads they are great. Really didn’t know if I was going to like them but now I don’t know that I would go without.