Which headlamp do you recommend?

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
Black Diamond Spot; it's a tad more user friendly than the Storm in my opinion. There's a little learning to curve to any headlamp/flashlight that has multiple uses and few buttons.

ChrisAU

WKR
This thing is plenty bright, battery lasts forever, and is ultralight. Used the same one for an 8 day elk hunt and 2 long whitetail seasons so far and it's still working perfectly.

mdf21

Lil-Rokslider
I use a Fenix HL60R and it's been a great headlamp. Bright and rechargeable.

this is what I use also. Very bright. Wanted rechargeable as I carry a power pack with me so I can recharge my phone or my headlamp. I also have a Felix uc35 Handheld flashlight that is super bright and uses the same rechargeable battery. carry a spare battery that works for both so nice having compatible lights

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
Petzl tikka xp for me. Been using for years. year round not just hunting (y). Has red light too

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
I run the Petzl reactik, petzl bindi, and the petzl e-lite.

The dynamic lighting on the reactik works surprisingly well and the battery life last a long time. The bindi is my backup and is a very nice lightweight, minimalistic headlamps.

I highly suggest petzl. They are bomb proof.
I started off with a black diamond storm but the re-charging capability took a crap on me and I haven’t tried them out again since.

Tbone58

Lil-Rokslider
I use the back diamond storm and have the black diamond icon. The storm is super bright and all you need and it comes with multiple color lights with it. I like the icon for backup in the pack because I can disconnect the wire to the batteries that way it doesn’t get left on by accident. I also have the e+lite for emergency in my bino harness.

Once you pull out a Petzl with dead batteries you’ll consider a BD with the lock. I love my Spot 300! Used Petzls “back in the day”

Zebralight. They are expensive, but after using them, they are worth every penny. Bright, durable, long battery life. With the magnetic charger, the spare battery functions as a spare power pack to charge other devices, so it’s multi-functional.

I’ve got Fenix and BD headlamps as well. The BD isn’t even in the conversation. The Fenix is a good headlamp, but not as bright or functional as the Zebralight. Trust me. You won’t regret it - spend the extra $30 and get a Zebralight.

Couldn't agree more. Not trying to sound like a dick, but I'm guessing most people that are suggesting BD or Petzl haven't tried a zebralight (or similar 18650 - fenix, nitecore, etc). I had a BD for a while and thought it was pretty good compared to the other headlamps I'd used, but then I got a zebralight and its not even close to the same. Its like comparing a ford to a lamborghini.

Love the durability, battery life, huge range of brightness settings, light color and beam (floody is a perfect mix of spill and throw IMO).

And I actually prefer the "lock" function of turning the battery cap a tiny bit on the ZL over the lock function of the BD.

TheCougar

WKR
Couldn't agree more. Not trying to sound like a dick, but I'm guessing most people that are suggesting BD or Petzl haven't tried a zebralight (or similar 18650 - fenix, nitecore, etc). I had a BD for a while and thought it was pretty good compared to the other headlamps I'd used, but then I got a zebralight and its not even close to the same. Its like comparing a ford to a lamborghini.

Love the durability, battery life, huge range of brightness settings, light color and beam (floody is a perfect mix of spill and throw IMO).

And I actually prefer the "lock" function of turning the battery cap a tiny bit on the ZL over the lock function of the BD.

Yup. Didn’t know what I was missing until I tried ZL. All my Fenix and BD lamps are now for my kids and around the house.

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
Not that difficult to put one battery in backwards when not in use or just load once needed

Had great luck with old petzls. Have a Princeton Tec that has been great so far. Recently acquired a nitecore alum bodied headlamp from drop. It’s crazy bright, haven’t used it much yet.

Kenn1320

FNG
I've been happy with princeton. I need green, reflects tacs awesome. I'll have to look into the zebra light.

I've got the black diamond storm (I think) and a petzl headlamp. Comparing the 2, I like the petzl alot more. Waaay easier to use. The fit and headband adjustment is way better also.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk