Which down pants?

SDHNTR

WKR
I love sleeping in down puffy layers. I sleep cold and have found down to be the best for me, as long as the exterior shell is soft and pretty quiet. I need a new pair of pants because I gave my last pair to my son. I think they were Arcteryx but they don’t appear to be made anymore. I see the ones from Stone Glacier and Kuiu, but I’m not sure if those are suitable as a base layer and or soft enough for sleeping. I don’t want a hard and loud outer shell designed to be an exterior layer. Suggestions? Packable and light are a must too.

*zap*

WKR
wm has a few options....I believe that sleeping in them would not be an issue. I have a pair and they work well for me but I do not sleep in layers....

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of under armor that I got for a sweet deal. Full side zip.

I have a pair of Rab Argon down pants and I use them strictly for glassing (often under rain pants), camp, and sleeping. The material is probably close to what you are looking for, light, comfortable and high build quality. But the lack of leg zips could be a dealbreaker.

Kings, down transition. Its softer and quiter than Kuiu pro down. Midway has a special I've seen, purchase the transition jacket, pants are free.

Paladin

Elk Masher Wannabe
Truly the ones from Under Armour are pretty nice and if you grab them on sale they are a great deal. I've had a pair of the FL puffy pants for several years and really like them but saw the UA on sale for under $100 and it was hard to resist. They are a bit lighter than the FL but have very good loft without being too bulky. Seem to be every bit as warm. To me they would be plenty soft enough for sleeping but I'm not sure they would classify as "base layers".

Shot

FNG
Been happy with the kuiu super down pro. I've used it on extended trips as base layer and while sleeping. Very light weight and packable.

Seeknelk

WKR
While I don't use them sleeping, I really like the Skre Ptarmigan pants I picked up on a sale 2 seasons ago. 850 FP. They do have reinforced seat and knees but I don't think they affect sleeping for any reason. Full zip on /off.

Can you fill me in here? Or link me to a thread. I was just thinking of buying a pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BO pushes muley freak gear quite a bit. I like my pants, they work great. But I understand if people don't want to buy Black Ovis stuff because of this.

UtahJimmy

WKR

BO pushes muley freak gear quite a bit. I like my pants, they work great. But I understand if people don't want to buy Black Ovis stuff because of this.
This isn't the first or second time he's been busted. Habitual crosser of the legal line. Search on here and you'll find all you need to know

wyosteve

WKR
I have the SG Grumman's and they have a very soft, likely quiet shell. Never used them as a base layer though.

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Kifaru down pants and the primary reason I like them is for the durable parts on the knees and butt. I don't worry about ripping them when glassing or kneeling down.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veron16