Which Crispi’s?

Brendan

WKR
Even with your preference, I would recommend a Rubber Boot Like a Lacrosse for those uses (I do a considerable amount of saddle hunting and use almost all rubber boots). Crispi in general are designed for hiking and mountain hunting, not whitetail hunting sitting in a tree stand.

If you still want leather, I like the Wild Rock Plus GTX a half size bigger than my lighter boots.

OP
S

Scott1976

FNG
Yes, I typically wear rubber boots but am looking for something less cumbersome to use when climbing aiders. Thanks!

Could you just get a used pair mid height Salomon, lowa, danner hiking boots off eBay for cheap to wear on the walk in. then change out once your there.

your feet won't be sweaty assuming the boots a verry breathable so your feet won't be cold from the moisture on your socks.

I've done the reverse for river crossing that are not far from the truck. carry mucks then stash them at the river till I get back.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

guitarpreston

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a pair of lapponias off here and really like them. Sole is a bit stiffer than my danner mountain 600s...But the danners leaked and the crispis did not.

10ringer

WKR
Lapponias may be your best crispi option, I have summits and Colorados which would be way too stiff for getting up in a tree. If I have a long hike in I ditch the rubber boots and use Salomon 4d 3gts. They breath well and keep your feet surprisingly warm, I think this is due to being breathable and less sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

Scott1976

FNG
Thanks! I was thinking about either Navada’s or Valdres as I will use these as a daily hiker / shed hunting boot in the off season.

grfox92

WKR
I would never spend Crispi money on whitetail treestand boots. Plenty of great options from Irish Setter, lacrosse m, Danner, Cabela's.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
I like all leather as well. They tend to outlive synthetics. Unfortunately they are stiffer, heavier, and hotter in warm conditions. I have a large selection of boots to choose from depending on weather and type of hunt (hiking vs sitting in one spot,etc). It’s tough to beat crispis!

OP
S

Scott1976

FNG
Yeah, maybe I didn’t give enough background info... I currently have 7 pairs of rubber boots from cabelas, lacrosse,muck,etc. I also have several pairs of hiker and hunting boots. I wear all leather red wings every day for work. I understand I may be over doing it by wanting a pair of Crispi’s but I want to try them. Now, which boot would you choose?

Call the fellows at black ovis. Tell them your needs and something about your foot pattern and specifications. They will give some good advice. I was directed towards two sets. Chose one that would fit my hobbit feet. Really like them.

Thanks! I was thinking about either Navada’s or Valdres as I will use these as a daily hiker / shed hunting boot in the off season.
i have nevada and summits, and their crossover low boot.... i love my summits, the other 2 sets don't fit as well (that's a me thing and not a boot thing) if i were to buy the nevada again, i would get the valdres... this is all very much personal preference, and has nothing to do with the boots, crispi makes a great boot.

why i would pick the valdres is the lack of their ankle support system many of their boots have.... i don't care for it. i have good ankles and often hunt in low tops..... i don't want or need a super supportive boot, and don't like the feel of being constricted. the valdres is a good looking boot on paper to me.

i wish they made summits in all leather, i would never buy a different boot. that being said, they made it well over 1000 miles before starting to leak, which i will never complain about, but if they were all leather, they would have another 1000 miles of life in them. i don't like stiff boots either, and the summits are that perfect blend of stiff enough for good traction in steep country, but still nowhere close to stiff. the Nevada has some flex too, but they are a little stiff for my taste for an all around boot.

i think the valdres looks like a really versatile boot. my main beef with crispi is every boot i have bought from them fits different.... that would be fine if they had a description of fit in the description like zamberlan.

the summits are great on my feet, the rest are just "boots" like the countless pairs of others i have tried.... if i could find the fit of a summit in all leather, i would be a crispi fan boy.... i thought the nevada was that boot, but it's not (again, nothing bad about the boot, just how they fit my foot)

I would never spend Crispi money on whitetail treestand boots. Plenty of great options from Irish Setter, lacrosse m, Danner, Cabela's.

Why...

i like the lightest and most flexible boots you can get, so i went with a pair of lapponias and a pair of the new attiva mid GTX's ... was only going to keep one pair, but i couldnt pick! so now i have both...oops.

grfox92

WKR
Why...

Because almost all whitetail hunting can be done and done well in a pair of $120 rubber or neoprene boots. Your not packing anything anywhere. Your dragging a deer 100 yards to the bed of your truck.

Because almost all whitetail hunting can be done and done well in a pair of $120 rubber or neoprene boots. Your not packing anything anywhere. Your dragging a deer 100 yards to the bed of your truck.

have to say i agree.. i deer hunt in rubber knee boots...i wear crispi's but theyre not needed for sitting in a stand!